Emoticons on Apex

DroiX

Reaction score
The stock rom doesn't have the ability to see the little droid emoticons in text messages. I've seen some roms that do have them. I tried Apex but it doesn't have them either. Does anybody know a way to get these emoticons in Apex without Handcent or ChompSMS?

This is the only thing this ROM is missing imo, otherwise it's awesome!!

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
The stock rom doesn't have the ability to see the little droid emoticons in text messages. I've seen some roms that do have them. I tried Apex but it doesn't have them either. Does anybody know a way to get these emoticons in Apex without Handcent or ChompSMS?

This is the only thing this ROM is missing imo, otherwise it's awesome!!

In terminal emulator:

su
messaging -aosp

OP
D

DroiX

Reaction score
Omg

OMG you are so awesome! This ROM is perfect, thank you so much!!

OP
D

DroiX

Reaction score
Another thought

I'm getting everything together and preparing to flash back to Apex since I know how to get my emoticons, but I have another question.

If I change the messaging app back to aosp will it break the link to text messaging from the universal inbox?

Thanks again for the help. This community is great!

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I'm getting everything together and preparing to flash back to Apex since I know how to get my emoticons, but I have another question.

If I change the messaging app back to aosp will it break the link to text messaging from the universal inbox?

Thanks again for the help. This community is great!

Yes, it will. :(

OP
D

DroiX

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, you confirmed what I thought to be true.

Classic case of Motorola getting something right (universal inbox, only place I've seen this) and then screwing something else up (emoticons).

Oh well, we can't expect everything in life. Thanks again for the reply.