Emergency Calls From Pattern Lock

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I see you can make emergency calls when your pattern lock is engage, does that mean you can accidentally make a 911 call when your phone is in your pocket/jacket. Thanks

ahwang

Reaction score
... i suppose.

but that will probably not happen

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that it's not just hit the button, they most likely made it alil hard then hit 1 button to call the cops.

OP
ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
If your phone is lock, it can't dial, i'm thinking you just hit emergency call, or will it hook you up to a verizon operator.

The Hammer

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I took the plunge and pushed the emergency button from the locked screen and it takes you to a dial pad in which you input the numbers to dial any number. As long as you lock the phone and the screen turns off before you put it in your pocket, it will not dial anything. But I imagine that while in your pocket, the unlock button could be pushed to bring up that screen, and then the chances of dialing 911 are pretty slim.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
but remember the unlock button has to pushed and slid to the right. If somebody could get that to happen when the phone is in their pocket...well thats incredible : )

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once locked my phone does not have an emergency dial option so this won't be a problem for me.

OP
ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
The appearance changes when you engage the pattern lock, the pattern appears (dots/circles) with a Emergency Call icon on the screen.

I would assume the Emergency icon is there if you forget your pattern to unlock the screen, or if someone else needs to call 911. If a dial screen comes up it can only dial 911... i assume

MisterWiley

Reaction score
Jacked up

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my Droid tries to make an emergency call in the middle of the night every night. I wake to it dialing itself. Fortunately, it is not dialing actual emergency numbers, just random ones. I swapped it out thinking my phone was bad, but the new one does the same thing. I do play music all night and it is plugged in. Anybody else seen or heard of this? I need sleep.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my Droid tries to make an emergency call in the middle of the night every night. I wake to it dialing itself. Fortunately, it is not dialing actual emergency numbers, just random ones. I swapped it out thinking my phone was bad, but the new one does the same thing. I do play music all night and it is plugged in. Anybody else seen or heard of this? I need sleep.

Do you have it plugged in? It could be your USB cable. There were cases of bad usb cables making the phone go haywire when plugged in. Another thing could be a faulty app.

MisterWiley

Reaction score
Do you have it plugged in? It could be your USB cable. There were cases of bad usb cables making the phone go haywire when plugged in. Another thing could be a faulty app.[/QUOTE]

I will try a different charger. Thanks for the tip, I hope that fixes it.

hawkeye

Reaction score
nothing showing on my phone

There is nothing showing on my phone locked or unlocked for emergency calls how do I find where I can set this up.