Status
Not open for further replies.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Dear Sean,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

As communicated, we are still looking at bootloader solutions that will meet the needs of both our developers and protect our end users. More information will be communicated closer to availability.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then why are they closing the root exploit. I think moto is talking out of both sides of their mouth. I would rather them take the apple approach and just say they are locking it down and we do not want any one modding our devices. This is why I am badly hoping we get a vzw nexus, I am tired of moto's whole ordeal.

I remember when this commercial use to mean something

[video=youtube;e52TSXwj774]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e52TSXwj774[/video]

eqforus5

Reaction score
It's very sad indeed. That is part of the reason I bought a Moto droid is because of what it could do and because Moto makes a good product. What they are doing is just wrong though!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
This is the exact reason I have moved over to HTC. I was going to hold oUT for the bionic, but then why should I....to go thru the same hassles of the D2 and DX....no thanks !!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That commercial was of the D1 though so it still does :)

Then why are they closing the root exploit. I think moto is talking out of both sides of their mouth. I would rather them take the apple approach and just say they are locking it down and we do not want any one modding our devices. This is why I am badly hoping we get a vzw nexus, I am tired of moto's whole ordeal.

I remember when this commercial use to mean something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e52TSXwj774

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

bikedude880

Reaction score
That response is a non-response. Probably from a script :p

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea I agree to from a script

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola does not care about the little man.. the Droid X is a great phone. but i sadly will probably look at fruit when i am do for an upgrade.. it locked down as well.. but it to be expected. playing with iphone now .. not going to lie.. i like it.. i love android because of all the custom roms oc'ing etc.. they going to lock everything down that is what is ruining android.. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.