email settings/verizon.net/outlook

alphbl1

Reaction score
Hi. I just got a Droid X and am wondering how to get my email recieved on my phone to automatically delete when I open my outlook on my home pc. I'm sure it's already been answered, but doing a search in forum is not getting me to the right threads. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I haven't used outlook for anything since moving to Android. The android OS will sync from your google account all of your contacts, calendar, gmail, documents, and also books right to your phone. But if you want, open where you setup your email acct in outlook and look for an option to delete messages from the server. If you can't figure it out, google "sync gmail with outlook". Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thks for the reply. I did go on my home computer and the box for delete messages from server is on. It's POP3/STMP. It was easy with my other Droid but doesn't seem to work w/ this new phone. Any other suggestion i can try?

thks for the reply. I did go on my home computer and the box for delete messages from server is on. It's POP3/STMP. It was easy with my other Droid but doesn't seem to work w/ this new phone. Any other suggestion i can try?

You're not done searching yet. ;)

Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® - Gmail Help

In gmail, their is a settings symbol which will lead you to all gmail help.

I believe you will find the answer you're looking for in here. Good luck.

I must have done something wrong.
I still have tons of messages on my phone instead of them deleting when I open outlook on home computer :unsure:
Any other suggestion to try?

im confused...you want your phone to delete email when you read them at home, but without actually deleting them at home??

im confused...you want your phone to delete email when you read them at home, but without actually deleting them at home??

with my old droid, once I opened outlook on my home computer, all the emails from my phone would delete and be on home computer. Now, they are still on my phone. I know I can delete them on my phone, but it's a PIA {feels like double the work/effort}. I want to find setting so it works like before.

ah got it. the old droid only showed you unread emails. maybe the DX has that setting... I just flashed mine back to stock to send it back today or id check.

if u find anything, let me know. thks

Back