Email on Droid X

TristanCross

Reaction score
Hey,

I made the switch from a Blackberry Storm 2 to the Droid X last week and while I love it so far, I'm having some trouble with my emails. I have 4 main emails, three being Gmail and the other being Yahoo. On the Blackberry, organizing them into one folder, along with the SMS shortcut, called "Email & SMS" was really easy. The process seems much more difficult on the Droid X. First of all, I can't even find out how to view my Yahoo email, nor do I get notifications for it when I get new mail. One of my favorite things about the Blackberry was how convenient it was with my email, because I get a lot of emails everyday and don't want to have to use my computer all the time to view it.

I'd appreciate it if someone helped me out. Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't have a Droid X but you need to get to the accounts screen in your app and select the account that you want to view. What email app are you using? On most devices, there's a Gmail app and an Email app. Are all your accounts configured in the same email app?

stpitcher

Reaction score
K9 Mail

I use K9 mail. Find it in the Marketplace. Its free. I use it for my POP/SMTP/iMap mail service and for my Gmail account... Two of them. In fact, I don't make much use of the Gmail accounts... They're just there since you seem to have to have at least one, and the first one got fouled up.

I found it easy to set up and easy to use.

Likely there are others that are as good or better.

- stp