Email notifications

strack22

Reaction score
Hi...just got Droid 2 Global...setup home email account on phone...initially I thought I wanted notifications on status bar, however, I quickly realized I do not. I shut off notifications, however, I am still receiving them on my status bar. Please help :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi...just got Droid 2 Global...setup home email account on phone...initially I thought I wanted notifications on status bar, however, I quickly realized I do not. I shut off notifications, however, I am still receiving them on my status bar. Please help :D

Without rooting and installing a custom ROM I don't think this can be done. Maybe you can root and do it without a custom ROM but I'm sorry, I can't point you in any direction. I know some people don't want notifications but showing on the status bar is pretty easy to clear, just press the clear button.

OP
S

strack22

Reaction score
Geez..not very user friendly on that....I am thinking what if I delete my email account all together and then I can just access it from the web?

biknut1

Reaction score
Deleting Gmail

Geez..not very user friendly on that....I am thinking what if I delete my email account all together and then I can just access it from the web?

If your email has anything to do with Google (Gmail, etc.) you can't delete it. This is a Motorola/Verizon/Google phone, and it won't work without a Gmail account. You don't have to use it, but you do have to have it!