Email Notification / Vibrate Issue

msmoger

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and have been unable to find any information concerning a problem I am having.

I'm trying to get my email settings to be:

Notify me of new emails in the status bar (not a problem - works fine)
Silent Ringtone (also works fine)
DON'T Vibrate - This is the problem!! :mad:

I uncheck the "Vibrate When Email Arrives" option on my email settings for the account. It seems to work until I power down the Droid. When I power it up again it ALWAYS reverts back to having a check in the vibrate option box.

This is my email account from my ISP. My gmail account doesn't seem to have this problem.

Has anybody else had this problem or know why this is happening?

Thanks,

mer

Reaction score
I actually have a similar question. I set up my yahoo email as the default/notification as per the video instructions here. Now when I go in to yahoo and change the settings-I don't want it to ring or vibrate and I want it check every 15 minutes not 5. It looks like it is accepting the new settings and then it goes back to default ringtone and checking every 5 minutes. I downloaded quicksettings but it didn't seem to help.

mer

Reaction score
Oops, apparently part of the answer may have been elsewhere:

"In sounds/display, under ringtone volume, you must uncheck the box that says 'use incoming call volume for notifications'. Now, you can set the notification volume independently.

Set ringtone volume to 0, and then, notifications to whatever.

Go back and set the actual ringtone to silent. This will nullify the ringtone volume control button, as long as you don't silence or set to vibrate.

FINALLY! This worked for me, hope it helps you.

Now, if I could find a way to turn off the external ringer volume control, it would be perfect."

But I still can't get it to check every 15 minutes versus 5.

Dinty

Reaction score
Oops, apparently part of the answer may have been elsewhere:

"In sounds/display, under ringtone volume, you must uncheck the box that says 'use incoming call volume for notifications'. Now, you can set the notification volume independently.

Set ringtone volume to 0, and then, notifications to whatever.

Go back and set the actual ringtone to silent. This will nullify the ringtone volume control button, as long as you don't silence or set to vibrate.

FINALLY! This worked for me, hope it helps you.

Now, if I could find a way to turn off the external ringer volume control, it would be perfect."

But I still can't get it to check every 15 minutes versus 5.
I am having the same issue. At night I don't want to check email. I set my Yahoo account check to never but by morning it is back to 5 minutes (my usual).

I leave my phone on at night so it does not seem to involve a reboot.

Anyone else having this issue?