Email notification push

kplain

Reaction score
I could not find anything on this. If I missed it, please forgive.

My email notification push setting keeps reverting back to the default polling setting. I can't find a common scenario causing this. Push delivery has remained set for days at times. But quite often, like today, it switches over to the 15 minute polling interval. It's done this several times just today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
What type of email account? Some types (like Yahoo free version) won't work on push.

OP
K

kplain

Reaction score
It is Microsoft exchange at my work. Push worked fine with my original DROID.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, as far as I know push should definitely work on an Exchange account.

McGyver777

Reaction score

My email notification push setting keeps reverting back to the default polling setting. I can't find a common scenario causing this. Push delivery has remained set for days at times. But quite often, like today, it switches over to the 15 minute polling interval. It's done this several times just today.

Have any data or battery controling apps running. Some change your data and/or battery / wifi settings automatically. check anything having to do with "less" data or "less" wifi especially apps designed to increase battery performance or reduce data flow rates. Those are the ones which will auto-set your "push" to a longer interval...(allows wifi to stay off and/or cues data for bursh transmissions).

That would be my guess unless it is just a fluke thing...

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Having the same issue. The fetch schedule on my POP accounts seems to randomly change from manual to 15 minutes.. just another bug. It's been brought up on the Moto support forum.

Phone is great but has a bunch of little issue like this. All new Android devices seem to be like this though. Hopefully we see a initial maintenance update sooner or later.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Most if this kind of stuff is related to the battery & data management settings. Check those out and see if something isn't enabled that is over riding it.

OP
K

kplain

Reaction score
Pretty much still running only stock apps. Disabling power/data throttling was already done. Hope this simply software and can be corrected with an update. I'm a bit concerned that I'm the only one experiencing this.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Pretty much still running only stock apps. Disabling power/data throttling was already done. Hope this simply software and can be corrected with an update. I'm a bit concerned that I'm the only one experiencing this.

Some people have said factory resting has cleared it up.

vjdeosingh

Reaction score
I'm having this problem, too. I turned off the nighttime manager. It still happens at all hours of the day for no apparent reason. No other battery saving measures are on. The phone does cycle down to 3G and no data connection very often in the week I've had it. Does this have anything to do with the OS version? I'm new to this so how do you look for a new version or update? Thanks.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would switch to k-9 mail and turn off the stupid data savings. They are not worth it if you value your mail and other data.

vjdeosingh

Reaction score
Can't beat that price! How about this? I've also noticed that only some selective emails alert me when they arrive. Notification is set to all having a tone. Is there something else i should change? Thanks, again.