Data push

Timskis6

Reaction score
Coming from a Blackberry/RIM background, Android is new to me.

After customizing as much of the device as I felt I could, I still feel something is lacking regarding data push.

Specifically, the Facebook app synchronizes only every 30 minutes at best - meaning FB updates are up to 30 minutes delayed. Is there not a way for FB to update immediately, as did with my Blackberry Storm?

Secondly, email push seems ridiculous. There are times when my emails arrive 6-8 minutes late. Now, this was also a problem with my Blackberry Storm, but it was a rarity. On my Droid X it's a rarity to receive all my emails in a day's work in a timely manner.

Perhaps my settings are wrong, and someone can help?
*I've enabled data push in both email clients (Gmail and the native client used for AOL). I've also enabled polling every 15 minutes.
*The power save function is set to reduce radio transmissions when unplugged between 11pm and 6am.

What else am I missing?

Cheers,
Tim

OP
T

Timskis6

Reaction score
No one?

No one has any suggestions? It's getting really annoying not receiving emails in a timely manner.

OP
T

Timskis6

Reaction score
K-9

Will K-9 solve these issues entirely?

Jonboxer

Reaction score
K-9

I am having the same issues as you are with my gmail. I added K-9 and haven't had a problem since.

As for facebook, my motoblur and facebook app seem to sync nicely (i have both). no answer for you on this one.

I hope Froyo updates this sync issue. i've been hunting online for answers but haven't found one that works yet for the native gmail application.

if i do, i'll let you know

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The stock Email app is horrible on the original droid. I assume the same problems exist on the X. Use K9. The stock gmail app is OK on the droid, but K9 has more features.

You don't need to poll if you are using push.