Email Notification Icon Issue

Wildo6882

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but not to Droids. Had a DX since last September and recently picked up a Droid 3. I love this phone, but unfortunately had to get a replacement phone due to a couple of reboot issues. I just got it all set back up and I noticed that my notification icon for my Hotmail account that's set up through ActivSync is different than it was on my first phone. The first phone had a bright blue icon that was really easy to see and I really liked it. The replacement phone has a greyed out icon that is much more difficult to see. And frankly, less appealing. My wife also has one and her icons are still bright and colorful.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get the brighter colored icons back, or if this is just how it was supposed to be, or what? Thanks to any who can respond and help me out.

OP
W

Wildo6882

Reaction score
Still nothing? I guess a better way to put it is: is there actually an issue with my phone, or are the notification icons supposed to be greyed out? They weren't on my first one (or my wife's) but they are on this one. I'm just wondering if this is normal. For there to be some discrepancies. Thanks to anyone out there!

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I don't suppose you could get a screen grab to show us what you're issue is? My email icons are kind of gray as well and have never seen a bright blue icon. Could you have been using a different email app the first time around?

OP
W

Wildo6882

Reaction score
I don't know how to get a screen grab, but I'll do my best to explain it. I use the ActivSync for my Hotmail account. When you're setting up your accounts, the ActivSync is represented by a couple of blue arrows. In my first D3 when I would receive an email, the Icon was those blue arrows. With this second one, it still has the same arrows when I receive an email, but they're grey and not blue. I was just wondering if this was normal? It seems weird for there to be a color discrepancy between the two.

Thanks for your response!

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with ActivSync (I use the stock email because I have a GMail account and other IMAP accounts) but my best guess would be there is a setting in ActivSync to control the color of the Notification. Have you looked through the settings menu for ActivSync?

OP
W

Wildo6882

Reaction score
Well I looked there and didn't see anything. So I'm not really sure what the deal is. I'm wondering if it was some earlier build (or this phone has an earlier build) or something along those lines. I'm honestly clueless. It's not really that big of a deal, I just really wanted to know if there was something wrong with my phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

1987DLT

Reaction score
Droid X email notification icon & multi-task.

I am having the same problem with my 1st gen Droid X. When I first got it the email icon was red with a white @ I believe and a few days ago I accidentally update my phone to the ugly blue gingerbread 4.5 so I did an sbf flash to get it back to froyo 2.3 and now the email icon is grey with a black @. Also before the flash I was able to listen to my music player and watch a youtube video at the same time but now it seems the multi-task feature for those two are no longer compatible. Ive been searching all over for info but cant seem to find anything. My only guess is that the my phone stock out of the box must have been 2.1 or 2.2 froyo and the changes happen because I flashed to 2.3 froyo.

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. On my HTC Incredible 2, I received a white, plain looking envelope for my Outlook e-mail notification icon, and a modern looking, red envelope for my Hotmail notifications. On my brand new HTC One, I get the same plain looking white envelope for notifications from both of my accounts. Since one account is for work and the other is not, I really need that distinction. Any ideas?
Thanks.

P.S. The fact that I am writing this note within this old thread shows that I at least did a search... :blink: