Email message that won't send and can't delete it

wecroft

Reaction score
I composed an email with attached pic and sent it. I now get a warning notification icon at the top ofthe home screen. When I swipe it, a message appears stating "1 message not sent". when I tap that, I get a list which contains the description of the email. Tap that and get a message "Can't open Message",Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened".

No matter what I try, I am unable to delete this email. I can swipe the notification off the screen but it soon reappears.

I even tried rebooting the phone and it still comes back.

This is on a Razr Maxx.

Anyone have any ideas?

dasanman69

Reaction score
I composed an email with attached pic and sent it. I now get a warning notification icon at the top ofthe home screen. When I swipe it, a message appears stating "1 message not sent". when I tap that, I get a list which contains the description of the email. Tap that and get a message "Can't open Message",Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened".

No matter what I try, I am unable to delete this email. I can swipe the notification off the screen but it soon reappears.

I even tried rebooting the phone and it still comes back.

This is on a Razr Maxx.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try wiping the cache and force closing the app from the settings menu. If that doesn't work wipe the app data.

OP
W

wecroft

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up having to "delete all data" then had to re-enter my email accounts.

When I just cleared the cache, the offending email and warning returned.