email keeps downloading

GeneRs

Reaction score
I fixed this EXACT SAME ISSUE by having MSN mail ( or Hotmail ) forward my incoming to my GMail account. Look for this under OPTIONS > MORE OPTIONS > MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT > FORWARD MAIL TO ANOTHER E-MAIL ACCOUNT.There is a box to still keep a copy of the forwarded emails in your MSN Inbox. I then deleted my MSN account from my droid. KaPOW! Fixxed. I'm still receiving my NEW MSN emails without the frustration of old ones loading over and over again.

jsquared

Reaction score
this is the message I get when I just tried doing that

You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, or live.com. Please try again.

eversonsc

Reaction score
Mine did this at first. I kept marking everything as "read" emails and they would keep coming back. It would load 25 of them and when I marked them as "read" it would go after more emails. I then decided to open every single email. Once I did that the system decided to quit downloading more emails. I hope this helps.

tnlimey

Reaction score
Exchange works flawlessly as is, setting up the folders, but unfortunately not in the order that Outlook shows them. Blackberry Storm did the same thing.
I am not seeing the historical download of old email that you are, and I am accessing 2 pop3 accounts, one being gmail. One possibility is to limit the sync down to 1 or 2 weeks.

davidnrobin

Reaction score
1. If I forward my Yahoo email to my gmail, will I still see the Yahoo messages on my computer when I log on to Yahoo????

2. I currently have my Yahoo account on my Droid and wonder if there is a way that when I read my email on my computer that it will reflect that the email is read on my Droid????

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
1. If I forward my Yahoo email to my gmail, will I still see the Yahoo messages on my computer when I log on to Yahoo????

2. I currently have my Yahoo account on my Droid and wonder if there is a way that when I read my email on my computer that it will reflect that the email is read on my Droid????

You will need to forward your email to GMail, and use the Gmail website to check your email messages.

This will not work if you still want to login to yahoo's email site. You need an email account that supports the IMAP protocol. POP accounts do not support 2-way communication, meaning it doesnt work for syncing across multiple devices (such as PC + your DROID).

For example, if yahoo is set to froward all new mail, but also keep a copy on yahoo site. You could then read/delete the copy left on the yahoo site, but that would not update with your droid phone.

This is why you need to forward email to GMail, and use the GMail website to check the forwarded mail.

mamoru16

Reaction score
So I'm a little confused. It seems like there's 2 different techniques mentioned here when we're talking about preventing repeating download emails from like Hotmail. First, go into Hotmail and forward the emails or, secondly, go into Gmail and link Hotmail with your Gmail account. Which one is better?

bh8690

Reaction score
GMail is the closest this device comes to "push" email...the IMAP protocols are actually establishing a "pull" action. If the origin email account is not updated from the droid prior to the next sync, redundancy of messages does occur, as well as the failure to demonstrate that a message was read or erased.

If you forward email (IMAP) to GMAIL, does deleting a message or other email management efforts revert back to the origin?

Coloneldave

Reaction score
I am trying to see how Web Gmail interacts with Droid Gmail.

When I have a piece of test email sent from another account to my web gmail account, i set it to forward it to a another account, and keep one copy

Then when I tell Droid gmail to 'refresh' it bring in that Test email (simply copies it I guess.

Then it gives me the choice on the Droid gmail of deleting or 'archiving' it.

If I touch archive, it disappears leaving at the top of the Droid screen "Archived 1 conversation' Undo"

But where did the 'Archived' email go? and how do I retrieve it? If it is still on Droid, With what do I retrieve it?

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
That's easy. Hit the menu button on the phone and select the labels option. Go to "all mail" and that is there arieved mail is.

Labels work about the same way as folders. Only you can tag emails with multiple labels and view all email at once, or only ones with certain labels. About the same as using folders but a little more flexible.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
The workarounds are all fine and dandy, but that is not a long term solution to what is very clearly a bug in the Android email client. Google needs to fix this ASAP. I do not intend to forward my non-Gmail email to Google. There is a reason why they're separate.

Coloneldave

Reaction score
Thanks. Haven't got used to the changed meaning of terms. 'Labels' mean 'Folders' sort of. I wasn't looking for labels.

But another question. What switch do I have to flip, where, to get an email addressed to my web gmail address to automatically forward to my Droid gmail - with all the proper noisy 'notification.' Without getting that email by commanding 'Refresh' to go get it? I swore when I first set it up, it did that. Now doesn't. Where is the switch?