Email issues

lowtech

Reaction score
Because email is one of my high-priority items, this might be the deal-breaker for me. Gmail works fairly well, bringing in my POP3 emails from 2 other accounts - although slowly - but managing my folders (labels) on the Droid is not a pleasure and it never announces new emails. That other email app on the Droid is totally frustrating to me - I simply cannot get it to connect to either POP3 account. I am missing my Treo about now - Snapper Mail is not perfect but it faithfully collects email from both accounts, removes them from the server or not, as I wish and notifies me immdiately when mail arrives. Is there any rumor of a 3rd party email app that will work with the Droid? I have 30 days before I will - or will not - return it to Verizon. (Otherwise it is a very interesting and excellent phone in many ways...) There... that's my b**** session for today! :)

R1Lover

Reaction score
I think you have some setup issue or maybe connectivity issue as mine works great and fast on all 5 accounts I have setup so far... one exchange and 4 pop3.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
I am envious - but happy for you! No success here...

I think you have some setup issue or maybe connectivity issue as mine works great and fast on all 5 accounts I have setup so far... one exchange and 4 pop3.

P3Droid

Reaction score

I will try to walk you through this, I had major troubles last night but managed to set up 2 pop accounts and 3 imap accounts.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
You brought me luck! I got one - my most important one - working!! YEA! Now for the other one... cross the fingers...!

P3Droid

Reaction score
You brought me luck! I got one - my most important one - working!! YEA! Now for the other one... cross the fingers...!

Congratulations, and here is wishing you some furthur luck.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
Here is my problem with the 2nd email account: I only use it to sign up for things and because I have a very limited, email-only account with the ISP I cannot send email using that email address. I believe that is why the Droid's email app is not letting me set this one up (although Snapper Mail did...). Do you know if there is a way to set up Incoming Mail only, without the Outgoing feature? (Grasping at straws here...)

R1Lover

Reaction score
you will need to use the outgoign mail server and login of a server you have permission to use. you can set you outgoing mail on this account to one of your other accounts.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
Brilliant! It worked! Thank you P3 & R1 - you're the best!

One more small ?... Is there a batch select for the Inbox - Select All - Delete... that sort of thing? (Not a huge deal... the email works!)

R1Lover

Reaction score
I haven't found it if there is, the phone is so fast for me I just hit the delete key when reading the message... then it pops up to the next one. It's fast enough I haven't needed the multi select yet.

If you do find it let me know though.. :)

P3Droid

Reaction score
I have read the manual and played around and can not find a batch delete function as well. But it is quite snappy and functions quite well otherwise.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
You're right... it is really fast! I'll bet someone makes a hack for batch actions before too long... :)

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Brilliant! It worked! Thank you P3 & R1 - you're the best!

One more small ?... Is there a batch select for the Inbox - Select All - Delete... that sort of thing? (Not a huge deal... the email works!)

There isn't a Select All function per se.
What you do have is the small check box to the left of each message title in the Inbox. Tap that box to select it and continue down the list, when you do this a menu appears at the bottom of the screen with Mark Unread, Add Star, and Delete.

remille

Reaction score

I will try to walk you through this, I had major troubles last night but managed to set up 2 pop accounts and 3 imap accounts.
What was the method you used? I am having zero success getting my imap account set up. This is a deal breaker for me... I have tried over and over, but no use. The email app just keeps quitting when it tries to retrieve the messages.

dgodfrey

Reaction score
My email was working flawlessly for about a week, but tonight it started crashing each time I tried to open an email. I get an error message, that leaves me only with the option to force close.

The confusing thing is that I am still linked to the server. I get new email titles -- I just can't open them without getting the errort message "Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again....Force Close"

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is the problem with my email application or with my server?

Thanks,
dgodfrey