Email issues

oh no droid

Reaction score
e-mail woes

I have several concerns with Droid's e-mail capability:

1) Today and for the last few days, several times, the e-mail client hung in Loading Messages.... mode and nothing short of powering down would get it to stop. Today, I discovered that I missed e-mail for a few hours for this reason. And worse, after rebooting the Droid, I still could not retrieve the missing mail that my desktop could retrieve.

2) Not being able to create folders is a huge shortcoming.

3) Not being able to cut and paste from one e-mail to another is another huge shortcoming. I use e-mail templates to respond to clients quickly by copying and pasting and editing and on the Droid this is impossible to accomplish.

4) I purchased Documents To Go and still, after a software update, I can not view most .pdf files sent to me. Some are viewable. The unviewable ones are always viewable on my desktop pc.

5) A large business critical spreadsheet will not load into Documents To Go. It starts and then freezes. Dataviz support is useless as they blame the Droid for every problem.

Please, please, someone produce a reasonably capable e-mail program for this otherwise wonderful phone or I, and I suspect many others will have to sell it and go back to what works.

Droids

Reaction score
My email was working flawlessly for about a week, but tonight it started crashing each time I tried to open an email. I get an error message, that leaves me only with the option to force close.

The confusing thing is that I am still linked to the server. I get new email titles -- I just can't open them without getting the errort message "Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again....Force Close"

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is the problem with my email application or with my server?

Thanks,
dgodfrey
Have you done a battery pull yet?

njbobafett

Reaction score
I am envious - but happy for you! No success here...

I think you have some setup issue or maybe connectivity issue as mine works great and fast on all 5 accounts I have setup so far... one exchange and 4 pop3.

I will try to walk you through this, I had major troubles last night but managed to set up 2 pop accounts and 3 imap accounts.

Hey P3 - how exactly do you fix this? I have tried many times to get the email to notify me, no luck. I have deleted the accounts and re-added them, and still I do not get a constant notification working. Very frustrating :(

sgrimmett

Reaction score
I read your response. Could you explain in detail how to set this up? I kept having trouble receiving my emails on the Droid. I tried deleting the account and reseting the phone. I would start receiving emails, and then after a few hours it would stop. This mainly occurred, for some strange reason, during the night. In order for me to get my emails to restart, I had to turn the phone off or take the batteries out. Then it would start for a few hours andn stop. Right now I am having my emails forwarded to gmail. This works like a champ. However, it should work with emails. My provider is cablevision. Please help.

sgrimmett

Reaction score
I am new to the droid. Could anyone tell me of an application that will allow syncing with Outlook contacts? Google calendar works great syncing outlook calendar.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Also, take a look at k-9 mail - works very well for POP and IMAP accounts.

TReigle

Reaction score
Downloading e-mails Downloading e-mails Downloading e-mails Downloading e-mails

My Droid keep downloading e-mais over and over and over and over again. I read some of my e-mails on my PC so do not need to read them again on my Droid. I select them and mark them as read but they keep going back to the unread status the next time the e-mail gets checked. Which it will not do every 15 minutes like I have selected it to do. It only checks it when I go to the account(s) I have 1 google account and 2 POP3 accounts. Please Help!!!!!!:mad:

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
My Droid keep downloading e-mais over and over and over and over again. I read some of my e-mails on my PC so do not need to read them again on my Droid. I select them and mark them as read but they keep going back to the unread status the next time the e-mail gets checked. Which it will not do every 15 minutes like I have selected it to do. It only checks it when I go to the account(s) I have 1 google account and 2 POP3 accounts. Please Help!!!!!!:mad:

In the settings for your email account there is a check box that says "Delete Mail on Server" - check that. (It's under More... Settings... Send and Receive). When you check that it will delete mail from the server when you delete it from your inbox on the Eris.

nite 0wl

Reaction score

Your problem is the POP accounts. POP3 does not support message status tags (like if a message is read or unread) so marking a message as read won't mean anything to your mail server and you will have to mark each message as read on each device/client you use to access those accounts.

If you follow the previous poster's advice your Droid will remove those messages everytime it checks your mail server and any other clients/devices you use to access that account won't get those messages and there will be no copy on the mail server.

The best thing to do in my view is (if possible) change/upgrade those accounts to IMAP. IMAP supports message status and should prevent duplication of messages.