Email issue...loop back to home screen

cullenisprime

Reaction score
Hi...i have been a fan of SS roms since the original droid. I now have the DX AND SSX installed. Problem is email sets up fine (pop 3, yahoo...etc) and i do get notifications when i have a new email....bit wuen i click on the account to view the emaio it takes me back to the home screen....

I have triedneverything....reinstalled rom...wiped data..cache...davlik cache....i have eveN SBF'd the bugger back to stock 2.2 and re rooted and installed ssx again....

Can soneone please help!!!! I need access to my emails....i have a few email accounts i need access to...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kingbd

Reaction score
I was able to fix it in root explorer in system/app there was a file that was changed to a .bak. Something like messenger or email not sure just delete the .bak and it worked for me

funkbucket007

Reaction score
Very nice. Makes me feel stupid knowing how easy this fix was. Thanks a ton.

dagrainger

Reaction score
I was able to fix it in root explorer in system/app there was a file that was changed to a .bak. Something like messenger or email not sure just delete the .bak and it worked for me

I am having the same exact issue...

I don't have root explorer, I have Astro File viewer. I am not finding any files with .bak extensions in the system/app directory. Do you have to have root explorer so see these files? Is there a free program that will do the same thing?

Also, what was the actual name of the file, so I am not guessing?

Thanks...

funkbucket007

Reaction score

I am having the same exact issue...

I don't have root explorer, I have Astro File viewer. I am not finding any files with .bak extensions in the system/app directory. Do you have to have root explorer so see these files? Is there a free program that will do the same thing?

Also, what was the actual name of the file, so I am not guessing?

Thanks...

Not on this ROM any longer but if I remember correctly it's just BlurMessaging.apk

blanders1

Reaction score
e-mail cycling to home page

Was that the correct file to delete extension on? Did it fix the problem?

funkbucket007

Reaction score
Was that the correct file to delete extension on? Did it fix the problem?

It showed up as BlurMessaging.apk.bak in Root Explorer after I installed SSx 1.0. I changed the file extention to .apk and it worked fine from that point on. Sorry I can't be of more help.