Adding email account icons to S4 home screen

brook22

Reaction score
I have five separate BT yahoo email accounts on my S4 - how do I create a separate icon for each one on the home screen ? and will these icons show the number of new emails for each account without going into each inbox ?

Also is there a way of deleting emails on the phone but keeping them on my email account when viewed on my pc ?
Thanks for your hep

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
The only way I'm aware of being able to do what you are asking would be to have each of the accounts in separate apps, and use the app widgets on your home screen. I don't think you can have an individual mail app display separate accounts as any kind of shortcut on the screen.

Most people set their E-Mail up on their phone using IMAP. IMAP syncs in both directions so that so that anything that is deleted on the phone or sent from the phone will be reflected on the server. What you are asking about certainly is possible if you set your mail account up on your phone as a POP account. Of course the problem there is that an email you send from the phone won't appear on your PC, but there are ways around that by sending yourself a carbon copy of all sent mail. You would also need to tell the mail client on your phone to leave the mail on the server so that it would be there to check it on your PC.

OP
B

brook22

Reaction score
Thanks for your help -I also have the issue detailed in another thread of Bt Yahoo mail not working on the standard s4 mail app !