Email - Icon Notification Bubble

mjeagent

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an app that would put the number of new messages that I have unread on my email icon. I have found an app for SMS text messages that does this but can't find one for email. I am looking for something that would put a small red bubble somewhere on the icon with a number of new messages in it - similar to that which is available on the IPhone.
Also, what programs are you all using in place of the stock email program. As we all know there are some major let downs in the stock program, mainly the fact that you can't include a signature.

ultratiger89

Reaction score
I don't know but were did you get the one for SMS? I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'd like the app you're looking for as well.

EbE404

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an app that would put the number of new messages that I have unread on my email icon. I have found an app for SMS text messages that does this but can't find one for email. I am looking for something that would put a small red bubble somewhere on the icon with a number of new messages in it - similar to that which is available on the IPhone.

I just found a great widget called Gmail Unread Count. Works like a charm, does exactly what you (and I) want, and can support multiple Gmail accounts with individual icons and unread indicators.

Unfortunately, as the name implies, it only works with Gmail accounts.

zooger3500

Reaction score
SMS Unread Count

I found an app that does SMS, Gmail, and Voicemail counts on the Dialer. It is called SMS Unread Count.
http://market.android.com/search?q=com.kanokgems.smswidget
img.php

SMSUNREADCOUNT.png

It does all three and keep a consistent look for all of them instead of doing it separately.