Email Gmail? whats going on?

nyr900

Reaction score
OK, I have posted this question about a week ago, and never really got a response... here is the problem i am having. I set up my gmail account on my incredible in the "gmail" app. Then i set up my "mail" app with my gmail account, hotmail account, and 2 others. Every-time i get an email to my Gmail... it comes in as a notification in "mail" and in "gmail".... it is rather annoying and i would like this to stop what do i have to do? I just want to use "mail"....

Also, when i send an email from "gmail".... it sends the email not only to the person who i wanted to send the to email to, but also sends it to me at my gmail account. Also very annoying and how can i make this stop as well.

Thanks everyone!

mithu

Reaction score
Try to turn off notifications in gmail app if you can.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Concerning the emails being sent to you also, do you by any chance have "Reply to All" checked in the settings menu?

Also it seems to me that the Gmail app is much, much better than the native email app. You might want to consider using it for all your emails. Here's a little writeup I did in a "battery saving" thread:

Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts. Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. It will always be no less frequent than every five minutes. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.

I've been doing the above for about 6-7 months now and could not be happier. If don't want to use the Gmail app, you might consider one of the other mails. K-9 is a very good email app. check it out.

Good luck.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
how ca n i use the "gmail" app for hotmail and other types of email... it only gives me an "add google" account option when i try to add an account

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how ca n i use the "gmail" app for hotmail and other types of email... it only gives me an "add google" account option when i try to add an account

You have to go to the Google Gmail website on your computer and log into your account. then on the top right of the inbox screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts. Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll those accounts and push the email to your phone.