Email & attachment questions from Newbie

Reaction score
3 weeks in...and I really like the Droid. Couple of hurdles I need help with...

(1) I use email from a POP account. When I travel the email reaches my Droid quickly, including attachments - no problems sending or forwarding or replying and I can view attachments. I get to the hotel, open the laptop, open Outlook, and all the day's email comes in. I work for a while, close Outlook, take the Droid with me, open up email a couple hours later and all the old emails are now gone. Is there a way to stop this? Or at a minimum can I save or archive some emails I want to keep on the Droid for reference?

(2) I get an email with an attachment, say a PDF or WORD or XCEL file. I want to save the attachment to the Droid for future reference. How would I do this?

Thanks

shaggy48

Reaction score
You've stumbled on a nasty thing that Google has done with how the droid handles email. Unlike your computer, your droid doesn't really have a way to manage your emails. i.e. store them for later. It doesn't just get the new emails from your email server, it copies everything that is on your email server and it deletes everything else from your phone everytime it gets new mail. So lets say you have 5 emails on your email server. Your phone will get those 5 emails. But then you log on to your computer and all the mail downloads to your computer. The next time you look at your phone, all the old mail will be gone because it is no longer on your email server. The work around is to set up outlook to always keep a copy of your emails. So even if you log onto outlook and your emails download. They are still there until you delete them and empty the trash. But you gotta keep on top of this or your server will get full. good luck.