Email App Creating Different Sent and Trash Folders

rgn2000

Reaction score
In using the email app (not gmail) with an imap account (I am using AOL), I am finding that when sending an email using the droid, it is putting that sent email into a seperate "sent" folder and not syncing with the imap account so therefore I can't see that sent email online. The same goes with deleting emails, but I can see those at least online, but a different folder. The only problem there is no way to restore them. What gives with this? I thought the purpose of IMAP was to have your email synched and my Moto Q (windows mobile) handled this fine, but the Droid does not. Is there a work around to this?

Thanks

MarkDF

Reaction score
I just set up my first non-gmail IMAP account through the email app and noticed this myself. I haven't spent any time looking at it, I assumed I may have set something up wrong. Is this a bug in the email app?

Anybody have any insights?

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
I just set up my first non-gmail IMAP account through the email app and noticed this myself. I haven't spent any time looking at it, I assumed I may have set something up wrong. Is this a bug in the email app?

Anybody have any insights?

Well after posting my message I noticed that it must have been working up to a point, I have not looked far back, but a few weeks ago the sent were being synched to the AOL and the "sent" folder on the Droid. All of sudden it is not happening. On my web page for online the Sent folder is simply titled "Sent." I do most of my emailing from a computer anyways and those sent items are being synched to the Droid in a folder titled "Sent Items." My emails being sent from the Droid are being put into a local file in the Droid called, "Sent."

This is all very strange that it would be set up like this.