[EITR] Death Of TouchPad (WebOS) And 3 Major OS Left

shrop21

Reaction score
i got 2 from wally world early saturday morning, i walked up to the tablets and the lady just asked what model i wanted, she know exactly what i was there to buy lol. i dont have any use for two if someone wants it, i would rather someone in the android community benefit from it than some random guy that picks it up if i return it to walmart. (they are both 32gb models)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I spend a weekend away from the computer and get out of the house for a change and look what happens... I feel like the guy who walks into the bar right after the last cup of an hours worth of free drinks was given away

gatewayad

Reaction score
i got 2 from wally world early saturday morning, i walked up to the tablets and the lady just asked what model i wanted, she know exactly what i was there to buy lol. i dont have any use for two if someone wants it, i would rather someone in the android community benefit from it than some random guy that picks it up if i return it to walmart. (they are both 32gb models)
PM me I'm interested if it's not too late
thanks
joe

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If you want to follow, participate in or help out with the development effort to put first AOSP Gingerbread, then CM7, then Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich on the HP Touchpad, here's the link at Rootzwiki: Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad

I have been following that as well since yesterday.. seems like lots of activity, hopefully i'll get my Touchpad from B&N, they charged my card so that is a good sign.

Immolate

Reaction score
I got a cancel on my order to Barnes and Noble, but I had to log in to their site to see it. They did not send me an email regarding the cancellation. I suggest you log in to the site if you've ordered from them and check on the status of your order.

I checked my order from HP Small Business and this is what I see on their site:

[h=1]Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad[/h]
HP Small and Medium Business Customers

We have received unprecedented orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. This is clear confirmation to HP there is huge interest in building a webOS community. We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in ordering on the web or through the phone this weekend; it was as a result of selling out of our current inventory.

Your order has been captured and you should receive a confirmation over the next 48 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price and will send you confirmation via email.

Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at 1 800 888 5858 option 1: Though we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, we ask for your patience and we are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The B&N site says: In Process Not Yet Shipped. I think it will go through, their email stated that the card will not be charged before the order is shipped, the card is charged already... HP just said sold out and wouldn't let me place an order.

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
Cruising around the web it looks like there is some real support to get this thing ported for Android. If it actually happens and is stable, I feel like this could make this an exponentially better device. Unfortunately I was on duty all day Saturday and not able to get to any stores or online and missed out. Tried finding one yesterday calling every place imaginable to no avail. Have some feelers out but if anyone has a spare 32gb they want to unload for their cost, send me a PM.

i can read

Reaction score
The B&N site says: In Process Not Yet Shipped. I think it will go through, their email stated that the card will not be charged before the order is shipped, the card is charged already... HP just said sold out and wouldn't let me place an order.

Whats happening is that they are having to audit if you go to your account and check order status it says not yet processed call this number... what happens is that you wont get through but people that have have posted whats happening in the reviews ...

August 22, 2011: I was able to get through to the audit department this morning. I was told there is a backlog on credit card authorizations and that the order is still pending. She couldn't say for sure if I would get one or not, but if you click on your order it will still say "In process: not yet shipped". So at this point it hasn't been cancelled. We'll see what the day brings.

thats what one of the guys said

jodyberry

Reaction score
Got mine from CostCentral last night. But my account hasn't been debited yet and I received this autoreply when trying to chat with them:

Thank you for contacting CostCentral. If you are in inquiring about an order for an HP TouchPad, we have received tens of thousands of orders for these products. We are processing these orders in the order they were placed. We cannot guarantee expedited orders will ship immediately for TouchPads due to this backlog. Within 24 hours of your order shipping, you will receive an email confirmation including tracking. Orders via Google Checkout cannot be modified in any way; Google only permits us to cancel the order or ship the order. If you have other questions, please type it here and be patient as it may take a few extra minutes for me to answer.
At this time we cannot guarantee availability. they will however be processed in the order they are received.

So I guess I just wait and see!!

jayman350

Reaction score
Whats happening is that they are having to audit if you go to your account and check order status it says not yet processed call this number... what happens is that you wont get through but people that have have posted whats happening in the reviews ...

August 22, 2011: I was able to get through to the audit department this morning. I was told there is a backlog on credit card authorizations and that the order is still pending. She couldn't say for sure if I would get one or not, but if you click on your order it will still say "In process: not yet shipped". So at this point it hasn't been cancelled. We'll see what the day brings.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. When I click to check on my order the B&N site says "Shipping Status: Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011". My card has been charged already so I'm hoping that it in fact does get shipped on the 24th. *Crosses Fingers*

this could end up being the steal of the summer if we do in fact get an android port for it....and to think I was considering dropping ~$350 on the Transformer

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

Interesting, i didnt see a number to call. Just saying in process: not yet shipped. Im gonna check again soon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Immolate

Reaction score
Well, I may get as few as zero and as many as three of these, depending. If I get more than one, I will offer the extras to my brothers and sisters on this thread before going elsewhere. Seems like my cost + shipping to you cost plus a few bucks to cover Paypal would be fair. Don't get excited. I'll feel lucky if I just get the one for me.

I'm going to pass on the wife as well. I figure a new tab from Amazon would be more her speed, when they come out.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Just read more carefully the email i got confirming the order yesterday.. it says "If the status says "Cannot be removed" it is in process to ship to you." and that is what my order status is on the b&n website... so i'm a bit more confident now.