Scratch one off the list, no Android Tablets from HP

J

JohnDroid

hp-android-tablets.jpg

We all know that the market will soon be flooded with tablets from a myriad of manufacturers... but one big name thought to be on that list perviously won't be: HP.

HP of course acquired Palm and all of it's assets around 6 months ago and it has begun to integrate into the HP Product Stream. Previously in development was an Android Tablet which worked with an HP Printer, the eStation. That, sadly, will be the only Android Tablet to come out of HP according to Jon Rubinstein. Jon is the former CEO of Palm and is now in charge of HP's gadget business -- so he should know a thing or two about the situation.

Instead, HP will concentrate on making webOS tablets. It's a gamble, but at the very least separates HP from all the other Tablet makers. Will the gamble pay off? I'm guessing no, but then again I'm biased.

What are your thoughts?

(Source: VentureBeat)

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
Something I found today about PalmPad

Noting what JohnDan Said about no Android OS pads from HP..... Come on HP the Android OS would be great and coming from HP might even be better.

Here a news gadgets story from Fox news.

December 21, 2010
by Clayton Morris
EXCLUSIVE: iPad Competitor Coming Soon From Palm

The iPad has a solid lead in the tablet space. But Apple had better watch out: the competition is coming. FoxNews.com has obtained spec sheets for HP's forthcoming PalmPad tablet from a trusted source, and I’m excited to see these things debut at the 2011 CES.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
First off dang my spelling JohnDroid ****

Second I would rater have a Motorola base tablet, just saying I think HP could bring an OK tablet to the market for the Android OS.