eBuddy using txt not data!

teknotronik

Reaction score
Yes you heard right. I checked my usage since I got the droid (which I'm on now) it has been sending my messages over txt not data. EBuddy has been notified. Wait until everyone gets their first bill if you are using this on droid. Anyone have this issue too?

jamsesh

Reaction score
I looked through my messaging history and I didn't see anything weird. What did you see to indicate that the messages were sent through eBuddy? I hope I'm not using up all my messages on it...

Luxferro

Reaction score
I'm gonna test this for you right now. I have txt blocked on my phone, just installed eBuddy now. If I can chat, then it can't be over txt.

Maybe it can send messages both ways, and picks txt messages as it's 1st choice?

edit: Anyone I wouldn't mind talking to is afk, but I am able to send IM's. Just waiting for someone to reply.

Last edited:

Adlerson

Reaction score
Keep us informed about this one, I've used eBuddy quite a bit since I got the phone...

Luxferro

Reaction score
well i am able to have IM conversations w/ ebuddy, and I have verizon text messaging blocked on my phone.

jamsesh

Reaction score
I sent a message on ebuddy, then a text message. Only the text message showed up on my verizon account. teknotronik, are you sure that ebuddy is the app using the text messages?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
wow u had me worried there for a bit...i just checked and its not using my text messages =]

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Unlimited Text here...:icon_ banana:

OP
teknotronik

teknotronik

Reaction score
No clue at all.. All I know is that I have the 450 txt plan. I only text people with Verizon. Everytime I checked "My Account" I saw the text messages starting to sky rocket. Something fishy is going on and I want to figure it out..

Luxferro

Reaction score
No clue at all.. All I know is that I have the 450 txt plan. I only text people with Verizon. Everytime I checked "My Account" I saw the text messages starting to sky rocket. Something fishy is going on and I want to figure it out..

do you use google voice? if you do, and have text forwarding, that might be your problem.