EasyRoot for 2.2?????

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not possible yet. Unstable apps(easy root) has stated can't one click it. There are instructions on how to do it on this site. If u can't find it let us know and we can link it to u.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only way to do it right now is the link in my sig!

Sent from OG Droid using the Droidforums App.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guidot! I didn't have the link handy!

chadwick108

Reaction score
Can also root with set cpu. It is a paid app but seems to be one of the best I have found for rooting and overclocking

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You NEED root to use setcpu. It doesn't root the phone.

Sent from OG Droid using the Droidforums App.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was weird too

cczer91

Reaction score
i wouldn't recommend it. it messed up my droid and from what ive read, its done the same to others. just root it the original way. there is plenty of guides on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kb3awq

Reaction score
There is a new root program with one click and it will also unroot. I just tried it and it is free search z4root in the market and it works with the new FRG83 rom 2.2.1 for Droid 1 (original). I bought easy root as I wanted to have it to unroot my phone and it would not unroot for some reason but I rooted via the RSD lite program and I was never able to find a way to unroot until I used the z4root unrooted and confirmed it did and then rooted back up. Its one of them things when you do something you want to be able to undo it. Very Easy and FREE program. I believe it also said it will work on other Android phones and last I knew Easy Root was only working on Android 2.1 and not 2.2 Froyo.

Droid 1 Android 2.2.1 FRG83 (just upgraded from FRG22D on Friday).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used super one click on my wifes phone (FRG22D). It worked, but I had to install a non-stock rom to get it to stop reflashing the stock recovery. The stock rom does this automatically every time it detects a non-stock recovery.

kb3awq

Reaction score
OK I had thought there was some issues it said about rooting while having 2.2. But yeah I never was able to use it apparently due to how I rooted which I dont think I should have rooted that way but I guess back then I didnt know as much or I would have done it an easier way. This z4root though allowed me to unroot. Easy root tried but then would say that it did unroot and then say that its rooted.. Im just glad to unroot if I needed to but wouldnt not be rooted unless had to.