East coast morning buyers, post camera clicking issues

mjs31

Reaction score
I am in Texas and would love any of you East coast early morning buyers to post whether you had to try a different Droid due to the camera hardware issue. I don't get mine until 8am your time

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It has been said that all Droids click when starting the camera, but the autofocus issue is related to a software bug.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
It has been said that all Droids click when starting the camera, but the autofocus issue is related to a software bug.

At least to videos have shown that there is a hardware issue on some as well. I know they click once, but the hardware issue ones repeatedly click. There is a post in howardforums on this. They say moto said that some phones had the camera installed incorrectly. They also are aware if the software issue. I would definately check your droids camera before leaving the store.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
At least two videos.
Tried to edit the "to" on my original post but the blackberry browser, which I am on, sucks and I can't edit it.

pilot25

Reaction score
No camera clicking here. But the camera sucks as much as the reviews say they do. If you have a still subject then you are okay. However, if you want to capture your kid doing something for the first time forget it. Takes too long for the thing to get going and focus.

I asked the Verizon guy to check it and he looked at me funny. I didn't hear clicking in the store but it was loud.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Im glad the camera focus issues can be address with firmware updates. At least i hope so. But at the same time I have a 1300.00 Sony HD Handycam for stills and video so as long as I can take ok pics and video on the phone, im good.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
No camera clicking here. But the camera sucks as much as the reviews say they do. If you have a still subject then you are okay. However, if you want to capture your kid doing something for the first time forget it. Takes too long for the thing to get going and focus.

I asked the Verizon guy to check it and he looked at me funny. I didn't hear clicking in the store but it was loud.

This I agree with. It is fine for basic still picts, but not so good with anything else. I was just happy to not have any crazy clicking.

Video on mine is amazing!!!

Trip

Reaction score
Mine wont give me a green when it focus, but it doesnt continually click so I'm not sure what the problem is, going to call the store ( or maybe just stop back).

As to the action shots, go into the menu on the camera and the bottom option is focus method, select infinity...then it doesnt focus, just shoots.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear either 3 or 4 "beeps" when I start my camera application. Is this the hardware issue that has bene reported or is this simply a software issue that will be fixed with an update?

pilot25

Reaction score
Yep it's beeps or clicks. Mine didn't do it earlier today but now it is. I don't know if it is hardware. I went back to the store and they pulled out 5 of them and they all clicked or beeped. I was hard to hear so we went into the back and I showed the store manager. She shrugged her shoulders.

F-ing thing sucks and Motorola covered it up so as not to take a cost or reputation hit.