Early Upgrade!! Best VZ Rep Ever!!

mrhenryb

Reaction score
Hey everyone since the Droid 2 came out I've been hoping/praying to do the early upgrade with no luck (I'm not eligable until Aug 2011).. When the Droid Pro came out I knew I had to have it no matter what..

I've been working with the BEST dancedroid VZ representative
ever LARRY MONTERO He was very friendly/helpful (knew his stuff) and everything you want in a VZ representative. Heck he even gave me a discount on a couple accessories above my corporate discount.

Long story short Both my wife and I have a early upgrade to Droid Pro and extended battey and cover with a discount thanks to this guy.

If you are looking for upgrade help call or email him ...He a Coordinator West Area CMO 888-924-7934 ext 8032. [email protected]

Hey I was just like everyone here trying to get that early upgrade with no luck I hope this info helps

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone since the Droid 2 came out I've been hoping/praying to do the early upgrade with no luck (I'm not eligable until Aug 2011).. When the Droid Pro came out I knew I had to have it no matter what..

I've been working with the BEST dancedroid VZ representative
ever LARRY MONTERO He was very friendly/helpful (knew his stuff) and everything you want in a VZ representative. Heck he even gave me a discount on a couple accessories above my corporate discount.

Long story short Both my wife and I have a early upgrade to Droid Pro and extended battey and cover with a discount thanks to this guy.

If you are looking for upgrade help call or email him ...He a Coordinator West Area CMO 888-924-7934 ext 8032. [email protected]

Hey I was just like everyone here trying to get that early upgrade with no luck I hope this info helps

Reps do not have the ability to do early upgrades. You don't give the version number you were upgraded to nor do you give any proof that this actually happened.

I'm not calling you a liar, I think you may have been lied to or perhaps misinformed. You will need to show us screen shots to prove that you are really using an update different from what everyone else has. Those of us who have been in these forums for a while this is just something that a rep cannot do.

If you can't do a screen shot at least tell us what version you had and what you have now. That at least would give us an idea of what happened.

Gkope

Reaction score
I think he is saying he was able to upgrade to a new phone before his contract was up. Not a software upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
M

mrhenryb

Reaction score
I think he is saying he was able to upgrade to a new phone before his contract was up. Not a software upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

:icon_eek: Yes the Phone (hardware) not software my wife and I both bought D1's in December of last year I moved frm Spri** and she got a NEW contract at the time new # we bought them from BestB** with the instant rebate

When the D2 came out we both wanted one and I saw Larry's name in a thread here and reached out to him he couldnt help at the time but as of the 1st of this week we upgraded the Hardware to the Droid Pro... It wasnt a trick he was just helpful is all and I know how it was for us to get help so I wanted to share

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK…Now that makes sense and sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were looking for an existing update for the Pro, not just wanting to get it.

Early upgrades to phones are very common, I did that myself with a Verizon Rep over the phone for my D2. Congratulations, and enjoy your Pro.

StingRay

Reaction score
mrhenry

thanks for the info! I'll keep the reps name and contact info and will use it in the future...definitely better than wading thru the morons that I have to deal with every time I call...

DroidBoyJesse

Reaction score
Did the same thing

It's really easy to get an early upgrade... Verizon WANTS you on their network. To get mine, I took the aggressive approach complaining about the quality of my old phone. Some may prefer kindness but I though my method worked just fine :icon_ banana:

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Early upgrade (one year into a two year) is not an exception. It is a vzw policy. Check the webpage. Also vzw upgraded their online system recently so if you check to see if you are upgrade eligible after logging in it even shows you are.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wouldn't get you very far in my store. Haha! ;)

It's really easy to get an early upgrade... Verizon WANTS you on their network. To get mine, I took the aggressive approach complaining about the quality of my old phone. Some may prefer kindness but I though my method worked just fine :icon_ banana:

DroidForums junkie!!