Early Favorites for phones.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Screen shatterproof with a 4 year warranty? Oh...no? Pass...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the only phone I am considering upgrading to is the note 8. I have been upgrading every two years since the original note. one thing though, I may need to get a ski mask if the price is too high. I get the feeling it is going to be higher than the s8+

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
the only phone I am considering upgrading to is the note 8. I have been upgrading every two years since the original note. one thing though, I may need to get a ski mask if the price is too high. I get the feeling it is going to be higher than the s8+
Same here! I'm waiting for the Note 8 (or whatever they decide to call it). I went from Moto Razr to the Note 2 and have been with the notes ever since. If I was to make a second choice, it would probably be back to Moto. Can't beat their cell/radio reception and I like their UI.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I would get the Z Force 2. I also have several moss which I hope to keep using into 2018.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What would shock the entire forum is on opening day/week of the Note 8, after all the threads, articles and talk @Preach2k did about the Note 8, we find out he went into the store for an 8 and walked out with a different 8 (iPhone 8+).

tumblr_omuyey1Ra11tlgqkgo1_500.gif

Bumping as @Preach2k is having second thoughts. I want to get my laugh warmed up.

:p

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
just saw the lg v30 spec rumors. look like it could give the note 8 a run for your money. I may have second thoughts about the note 8. so the v30 is my dark horse favorite if the rumors are close to being true.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Looks like iCrap is not getting the under the glass fingerprint sensor.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are you sure?? All the leaked stuff for the iPhone8 i.e. CAD files for case manufacturers have no place for a fingerprint scanner on the back and a full screen on the front. Even have seen full 3D printed models that have no fingerprint scanner on the back or front.
The iPhone 7s and 7s+ aren't getting the under glass scanner for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Are you sure?? All the leaked stuff for the iPhone8 i.e. CAD files for case manufacturers have no place for a fingerprint scanner on the back and a full screen on the front. Even have seen full 3D printed models that have no fingerprint scanner on the back or front.

The latest video from MKBHD saying the same thing. The Apple is also have issues with the fingerprint sensor. That they may probably pass on the scanner altogether.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not definitive... and with the designs out there without any other placement for the fingerprint scanner I think they're keeping it under wraps. Touch ID is too integrated in iOS to drop something like that.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

you cannot always believe in leaks :)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Not definitive... and with the designs out there without any other placement for the fingerprint scanner I think they're keeping it under wraps. Touch ID is too integrated in iOS to drop something like that.

Since the under the glass fingerprint sensor has not been perfected yet they probably decided to scrap it and wait also. Vivo phone has the tech but it is slow. Samsung is saying that they had a issue with burn in on the screen. If Apple is using Samsung screens my guess is they may have the same issues as Samsung. The latest Leaks show the sensor gone from the back on the Apple leaks. The only other option is under the glass or gone altogether. We will see.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We shall see come September... I would think a decision has been made already so bring on more rumors.. I'd rather wait till it's perfected than just to be the first one

Sent using Tapatalk