Early Early Upgrade to DX

cece5702

Reaction score
My one last early upgrade is April 28th but I want my early upgrade earlier like now, before Verizon runs out of the Droid X due to EOL on 3-31. Will Verizon let me do it?

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Best way to find out would be to call them. A few years back I got my upgrade about three months early but they've gotten a little bit more stingy since then.

tappin and a talkin

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah im abt a month shy of my early upgrade date. I can give it a try I guess. Nothing beats a failure but a try!!!
Best way to find out would be to call them. A few years back I got my upgrade about three months early but they've gotten a little bit more stingy since then.

tappin and a talkin

Sent from my Droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to let you know, a lot of new phones are coming out, while the DX is a good phone, theres a good chance you'll be jealous of whats coming out in the coming months

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Well, thats only a month away. So if you talk to the right person, they'll be kind enough to let you upgrade early.

But really, I would suggest waiting till the upgrade comes. Handful of 'better' devices coming around that time. Just a little friendly advice. :)

Reaction score
Annual upgrades are just about impossible to get moved. Only the 2yr upgrades have a good chance of getting fudged.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
New phones coming out by 4/28? Thats my early upgrade date and if thats the case I'll wait on the new phones but I don't want 4G right now though.
Well, thats only a month away. So if you talk to the right person, they'll be kind enough to let you upgrade early.

But really, I would suggest waiting till the upgrade comes. Handful of 'better' devices coming around that time. Just a little friendly advice. :)

Sent from my Droid

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
This is not my annual its an early upgrade!
Annual upgrades are just about impossible to get moved. Only the 2yr upgrades have a good chance of getting fudged.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Thats the rumored date for the Bionic. But it'll probably be May 5th so it gives the other phones room to sell.

Also, if you're going to do a 2 year contract, you might as well future proof yourself a bit with some of higher specs and 4G right? It may not seem like a
'need' now, but later down the line you'll probably feel differently.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I hear what your saying and thanks for the advice but is the Bionic 4G? I've heard so many complaints abt the 4g not working well in a 3g coverage area thus draining the battery like crazy. 4G won't be in my area until a year n half to two years. Thats why I'm hesitant abt the 4G :-(
Thats the rumored date for the Bionic. But it'll probably be May 5th so it gives the other phones room to sell.

Also, if you're going to do a 2 year contract, you might as well future proof yourself a bit with some of higher specs and 4G right? It may not seem like a
'need' now, but later down the line you'll probably feel differently.

Sent from my Droid

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Yes, the Bionic is 4G. The Bionic has a pretty big battery and Motorola has always been known for the best battery life among Android manufacturers. Also, you should be able to completely turn 4G off. So you wont have to make a sacrifice for something you wont use for a while.

MrKleen

Reaction score
You will need to call them to see if you can get an early upgrade. But maybe they would sell you a like new refurbished X for a real good deal.