EA Mobile FIFA '10 in Marketplace

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about it, as I don't feel like dishing out $6.99 for another soccer game at the moment (already have Gameloft's Real Football 2010); but the screenshots look good. Just thought i'd give a heads up since I just saw it in the marketplace. Here's a bit of info from over at Droid Gamers:

Droid Gamers - Android Games and Gaming

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice find!!!

realfootball 2010 from Gameloft is a great game, but i may give this one a shot too

Moondonkey

Reaction score
any one tried it yet?

My wallet requires me to hear some feed back before I jump on this one.

Please let me know.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's a nice blog you linked btw, first time i visited it

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me know how you like it if you download it. If it's decent, i'll give it a try. Even if I don't NEED another soccer game, I like to give these devs all the encouragement I can to keep releasing high end Android games. It is for that reason that I put up with Gameloft's asinine distribution method. Very problematic as far as DRM is concerned, but the games are top-notch for the platform.

I know some folks are going to come in here and go "OMG, $6.99 for an Android game???????" - but it's still $23 less expensive than the PSP version....

that's a nice blog you linked btw, first time i visited it

Yeah, first time i'd seen it as well; found it searching for more info on the game....

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
any one tried it yet?

My wallet requires me to hear some feed back before I jump on this one.

Please let me know.

I would "take one for the team" (excuse the pun) and give it a shot, but i'm not the right person to review a soccer game (if there are any subtle nuances of the sport that are wrong, I wouldn't realize it) - Being that EA isn't pulling a Gameloft on us, and the game is available in the marketplace; you do have a 24 hour "uninstall and refund" period, though. In reality, they don't even seem to try to charge your credit card until the 24 hour period has passed, though.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i can attest that Real Football 2010 is an awesome game. I play it regularly on my Droid I. i may buy this tomorrow to test it, but unless it blows me away, 24 hr refund!

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I changed my mind and decided to give it a try..... Right now it's downloading the data files, it doesn't tell you exactly what size the data package is; but simply says that it can take up to 2 hours on 3G. Right now it's at 37%.

I'll report my initial impressions as soon as it's completely installed and i've gotten to play it a bit.

EDIT: BTW, total came to $7.27 with tax.... less expensive than a pack of Marlboros, and it won't even kill me *LOL*

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, initial impressions:

Overall, very slick. Some presentation flaws, the UI buttons are a bit small for choosing menu items. But overall, useable if you have good eyesight (might not be such an issue on Droid X) - Accelerometer based player controls (on by default) are tough to get used to; I turned them off and used the on-screen joystick, much better.

- UPDATE: EA has updated the game, and fixed the UI issues. All is now as it should be. Methinks that before, they were using the 480x320 graphics and are now using 854x480 native (or 800x480)

Graphics are quite flashy, but in a way you might say a bit too flashy. Even on my Froyo'd Droid OCed to 1.0GHz, it seems a bit laggy. Not unplayable, just alot more laggy than Real Football 2010 from Gameloft.

- UPDATE: Although not mentioned in the update notes, the framerate has improved as well. Don't know how it would run on a stock Droid, though.

Overall, i'd say it's worth $7.27 of my hard earned cash, though. It has that overall "EA Sports console game" feeling; it's like xbox on a small screen (not 360, but still xbox 1 style graphics). For me, it's a keeper. If you're already a big fan of Real Football 2010, it's not going to wow you; though. It might impress, but it won't dazzle. I'll see if I can do a Youtube vid with my digital camera, although I don't guarantee (or expect) high quality.

EDIT: I guess I WON'T be doing a vid, my digicam doesn't seem to want to work. I think the rechargable battery died, unfortunately I have no backup AA cells laying around. Put the last 2 in my mouse 20 minutes ago.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard Need for Speed was going to be Evo 4G specific for a couple of months, can't remember where I saw it, though. As for Tiger Woods, I second that..... After playing Let's Golf on my Droid, I can safely say that the Droid is very well suited to golf games.

Dan Fury

Reaction score
Hm, there is no EA game available with a Nexis One with 2.2, but I can find all the other protected apps. I guess it's Droid exclusive atm.

ClausG76

Reaction score
I had to set it up to a US ¨profile in marked enabler, to get the game. I normaly use a germen profile.