E-Mail Notifications

Bogeygirl

Reaction score
I have tried everything, but can't get my Comcast e-mail to notify me. I resorted to forwardingmy Comcast e-mails to my G-mail, but now they go to both on the phone. Any ideas. I thought all e-mail accounts had notifiers?:icon_ devil::mad:

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I have tried everything, but can't get my Comcast e-mail to notify me. I resorted to forwardingmy Comcast e-mails to my G-mail, but now they go to both on the phone. Any ideas. I thought all e-mail accounts had notifiers?:icon_ devil::mad:
remove the comcast account from your phone. No need to have both on the phone if everything is going through gmail.

Not all email accounts support the needed features for proper syncing (especially most free ones). GMail uses IMAP protocol to sync with other devices.

My guess is that your old email is setup through POP access, which will prevent it from syncing correctly between multiple devices (such as pc and phone).

The POP protocol is not designed with syncing between multiple devices.

The standard email app (not the gmail one) may only support adding accounts via POP protocol, so that could also be the issue, even if your email provider has IMAP.

I saw an app on the store yesterday that said it syncs with outlook express. Maybe you can leave your outlook program always on in your computer and use that app on your phone.

Although, I still think forwarding to gmail, and using the gmail app on the phone is the best way to go, and probably the easiest.

Make sure to remove the old email account from the phone, or u could get double notifications.

Its not really about notifiers. Its the different protocols and options available on your email provider. Some email providers just don't support that kind of syncing feature.

This is why I moved away from my BellSouth/ATT (internet provider) email and went to GMail years ago. Because GMail is free and offered so much more than what I had with other email providers in the past. I'm happy and never look back.

OP
B

Bogeygirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I use Incredimail on my home laptop. Not sure how to delete the Comcast account from my Droid.... will search the forum!