Duplicate groups show up in Handcent?

Mark16q

Reaction score
Since the 2.1 ota update, when I go to send an email to a group, I get duplicate of all the groups. I've sent an email to the developer but wondering if anyone here has seen this / how to fix?

When I go to the "people" app, the groups show up correctly, not duplicated.

Thanks,

Mark

nsande1

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've deleted the groups in Gmail contacts, leaving them ONLY in active sync. My gmail contact folder is empty, all i have is active sync. Still duplicating groups.

It also asks me to choose which phone number i want to use for each person in the group, even if they only have one number.

OP
M

Mark16q

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've deleted the groups in Gmail contacts, leaving them ONLY in active sync. My gmail contact folder is empty, all i have is active sync. Still duplicating groups.

It also asks me to choose which phone number i want to use for each person in the group, even if they only have one number.
here's what I've come up with so far.

I deleted all groups in gmail other than the specific group that I want to send my text messages to. This has eliminated the duplicate groups on the phone that I use(there are still many duplicate system groups that I just ignore). My best guess is that it saw the groups from my outlook contacts as different from those in gmail. whatever the case, that problem more or less solved.

Regarding the question of asking for phone numbers, got that figured out too, and it's pretty annoying. 2.1 has added contact "links" where it is tying common named contacts together. So on the phone, I had to go into each gmail contact and unlink them (top right corner of the contact has the link to click). One at a time...ridiculous that there isn't a global option to turn off the linking, or if there is one, I couldn't find it.

Now that the links are removed, and I've specified in handcent to show only mobile numbers, I can send my groups texts without a hitch. Brain damage to do something that the old version did flawlessly. Progress.....