Dungeon Hunter auto sets brightness to minimum, any fix?

velocity92c

Reaction score
Finally got Dungeon Hunter to work after redownloading it per email instructions from gameloft. Game is cool but when I launch it it auto sets the brightness to minimum. This would be fine at night but during the day I can barely see it. Is there any way to fix this? If I minimize the game and go back to my home screen brightness is restored, but once I switch back to the game it goes dim again.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I'm annoyed too. There's no fix, as far as I know. They did this because...

1.) they think you'll ruin your eyes playing their games, or
2.) they don't want to get emails complaining about how Dungeon Hunter drains the battery in 15 minutes.

As a side note, I think the forced brightness setting is around 25%. It's definitely brighter than the minimum. Let's hope this isn't a trend among mobile game developers.

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
did you try going to the brightness settings and turning auto off then put the brightness at 100% then turning auto back on? Try it and see if that works

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I never use "auto-brightness"; I go for manual control via a slider widget.

Even after setting the brightness to 0%, the screen gets slightly brighter when the game is started.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Sorry guy, it's a lost cause.

I even used Tasker to auto-set brightness to 100% ten seconds after the game is started; the brightness goes up for ONE SECOND then immediately back down.

If Tasker can't get around it, I don't think anything can.

iPirate

Reaction score
The dev can hardcore this into the game. If I'm not mistaken it is impossible to prevent