due for upgrade, need guidance, PLEASE

pepsi3573

Reaction score
Hello all.. I have been a member of the forums for about a year now, just lurking about. Hubby has OG Droid, which was possessed and died last week. So we are now both due for upgrading the phones, and I would like to get some input, if you don't mind!

I am looking at the TB & the Revolution, I do use Netflix, which I understand is not avail on TB but is on the Revo. I also know that the camera on the TB is 8 MP vs 5 on the Revo. Other than that they appear to the novice to be very similar and that's where I need some help... I do want to be able to do video chatting with someone outside the android family (little bro is apple fanatic) and I am not planning on rooting right off. Help me lose my Alias 2 and get my Droid on!

And then for my hubby... he'll prob'ly follow suit with whatever I get, but he has also been looking at the X2, while I am the one that love electronics and tinkering with them, he pretty much sticks to FB, youtube and texting. The voice search is mandatory for his phone, I am not sure if it's an option on all droids (friend with Cricket doesn't have it) and play the occasional game. And listening to pod casts which we were doing previously with the Motorola Media link from his iTunes.

So that's my basic stuff...any help you all can give is much appreciated, I am planning on ordering my phone this week...so THANKS!!

Last edited:

Tboy72

Reaction score
You mentioned you can listen to podcasts by using Motorola Media link and iTunes. Until now, I was an iPhone user and i have several podcasts that I just have to listen to. I miss listening to them because since I got my X2, I didn't think I could.

Can you or anyone else explain what Motorola media link is and where to find it. I really want to hear those podcasts again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

etx_droid

Reaction score
That's funny, my OG was possessed as well, actually just put a vid on youtube up about it. Anyway, I just replaced mine with the TB and have had it since Friday. This thing is head and shoulders above my OG Droid and I am very happy with it. I haven't rooted mine yet because I just don't feel the need to. It is very snappy and does everything I need it to do stock. But that's the good thing about the TB...lots of developer support for whenever you decide to delve into rooting and ROMs.

Some of the "bad" things about the TB is some people experience random reboots on and off all day...some so much that they hate the phone. It is caused by an OTA update that Verizon pushed out. My phone has randomly rebooted on me maybe three times, so it hasn't been a huge issue to me. Apparently Gingerbread is suppose to be out for the TB at the end of June...hopefully...and this should fix all the reboot problems. There's also been lots of battery life complaints and once again that's a non issue for me as I'm in a non 4G area and get at least a full days use with a charge...probably not the case in a 4G area. They do make extended batteries for the TB tho. The TB also has more RAM than the Revolution.

As far as the Revo goes, I've messed around with it some, it is a solid device. The main thing I couldn't get around was when I hit search it pulled up Bing...and that will take rooting to get rid of.

Long post, but bottom line, both are solid devices and I've been happy (so far) with my Thunderbolt!

Last edited:
OP
pepsi3573

pepsi3573

Reaction score
TBoy72- The Motorola Link auto uploaded when we connected his OG Droid to the computer so I am not sure where to get it, possibly at motorola.com I also don't know if it's only compatible with that droid