Need recommendations on upgrade

Namrepus221

Reaction score
OK. I have an og droid. The keyboard is peeling the battery is shot to hell. I have an upgrade due in March. I can live with it till then. But what do I get when I can upgrade?

I'm looking at the droid4, the galaxy nexus, or the HTC rezound.

Now. I like having a physical keyboard. I'm starting to get the use of the on screen keyboard but I think I'd be better with a bigger screen.

Ignoring the keyboard. Which seems like the better buy and why? I'm a somewhat power user.I use wifi whenever possible and I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Get the nexus. Best screen and most up to day OS. When the rezound and d4 get ICS the nexus will be on jelly bean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well if you ignore the keyboard of the D4, you might as well throw in the Razr to consideration as well.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The few people I know that tried the Razr all returned them. Either Nexus or Rezound. While I have the Nexus the Rezound is nice. I think the Rezound is down to $199.

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
Well the reason I don't list the razr is cause its technically similar to the droid4 and if I was gonna go for a $299 phone. I'd go straightfor the nexus instead.

Not to mention cost. Rezound at $199, Droid4 at $249, Nexus $299.

I'm looking at lastability as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It really depends on what you're into. In terms of "lastability" do you mean will the hardware take a beating? Support for the device? Developer support for the device?

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
Well for me. Lastability means the phone will survive till my next upgrade and will be usable throughout that period.

Both physically (not breaking to pieces or failing dramatically) and technologically (The droid 3.....)

Reaction score
It really depends on what you're into. In terms of "lastability" do you mean will the hardware take a beating? Support for the device? Developer support for the device?

than you might wanna go with the Nexus..im getting mines tomorrow..and im coming from the DX..and the way Moto drops new phones left and right..i think Samsung should get my money..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
Well looking at VZW's site now. I can get the original RAZR for $199 sans the SDCard...but looking at the MAXX's battery life it might be the better buy.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I say go with the nexus. I dont own it but my dad has the nexus s and i love just how open it is(when it comes to the bootloader and the other stuff). I really like motorola's hardware it feels nice and solid. But blur and all the bloat killed the phone for me(i had a droid 2 global, but now i have a droid r2d2). Having all this unnecessary junk on the phone along with a bunch of processes that were constantly running was very annoying. Now my phone is running fine with the rom that i have running. I used a Htc Droid Incredible for about a month and i didn't like it at all, which has left me with a bad experience with Htc. Never again.
The best thing to do is head to your local store and play with them for a while and see which one you like more, oh and dont rush your purchase.
Dude check out amazon's wireless website, i got my d2g for $40(about a month or two after it was released) instead of the $199 verizon was asking.

mamawm

Reaction score
i have a bionic and i love it and have no intentions of changing to anything else. however, if i were upgrading today, i would at least look at the lg spectrum, it released today, and it has some really beefy specs. just consider all your options.