Dual Core overclocking?

spruleme

Reaction score
Thanks for that insight buckmarble, I was starring at the wipe data option saying to myself wondering if I'd boot cleanly after wiping. It did, and It was still rooted. I'm up and running and just using auto memory manager to tweak memory thresholds. After removal of the bloat i'm running at 120-140mb of free ram, looking at the graph and it seems the amount of ram used by system apps is cut in half after the bloat removal.

Back on topic, hopefully we'll see an unlocked bootloader and some nice kernels after that. Though, right now the phone is plenty fast after cleaning up the bloatware and my startup program/services list using an app called, autostarts. I did experiment with underclocking and found that setcpu would get stuck in my custom screen off profile and wouldn't resume normal profiles. Cpu tuner worked pretty nicely but I noticed faster battery drain while using it. So I uninstalled and resumed using the moto governers. It really just seems the moto governer works better. I'm in the middle of calibrating my battery again and so far 12 hours at 50%. The first 8 were sitting idle while I was sleeping and picked it up 8 hours later with 90 percent left.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums