Dual Core overclocking?

LT*

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has tried to overclock the D3 since rooting. I'm not sure it's even possible right now with dual core.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it could even be done yet.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I can't wait!
Does anyone have previous knowledge of how high the OMAP4330 in the Droid 3 can be overclocked?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wont be able to flash kernels until the bootloader is unlocked, but OCing might be possible the same way it was done on the DX and D2.

end of line...

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I really don't care about overclocking this phone. It's plenty fast for my liking. Would like to get the free RAM a little higher. Evo keeps about 200 free RAM usually. And that phone is fast fast fast.

spruleme

Reaction score
Plenty fast now after freezing the bloat and getting V6 Supercharger running, but I'd like to see 1.2 for everyday use.

Mine was plenty fast after renaming the bloat but then I tried the V6 Supercharger on Multitasking mode; and viola "bricked" boot looping phone :clap: Go me... So I wanted to drop a line back saying watch out for using V6 Supercharger Update 9 beta on the droid 3. You may find yourself with a nice paperweight. :icon_ cry:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine was plenty fast after renaming the bloat but then I tried the V6 Supercharger on Multitasking mode; and viola "bricked" boot looping phone :clap: Go me... So I wanted to drop a line back saying watch out for using V6 Supercharger Update 9 beta on the droid 3. You may find yourself with a nice paperweight. :icon_ cry:

Script for v6 is in /data so a factory reset may fix your brick

Directly from my rooted Droid 3

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
I'm hoping JRummy puts out another OC app. I loved the last one on my Droid 2. Using Bloat Freezer and the OC App, my Droid 2 ran consistent 2000 scores on Quadrant with the first leaked GB. Quadrant means nothing, I know, but thats a big jump from the 1500 it ran stock.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
OKAY... So. Someone should of mentioned this about the V6 supercharger.. I tried to install it but failed, because it didnt brick my phone. BUT after using one of JRummys root apps (rom toolbox aka liberty toolbox) I go to restart the phone and BAM my phone is useless. So I check out the phone bootloop fix by KrazyKrivda and join his IRC channel. In the channel topic it specifically says to stay away from the supercharger script.

[FIX] Phone Bootlooping? - xda-developers

Man-0-man, wonder how many people found out the hard way?

I've spent the last 8-9 hours logged into root over ADB pushing files trying to figure out which one I f'd up. With absolutely NO luck. I informed JRummy to see if he could help me out so hopefully he replies.

Reaction score
Supercharger worked for me idk why I have root but is currently on my d1 cause my D3 got stole by my teacher at school but supercharger worked good on mine

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked to closely at what the script does, but yeah the script is STORED in /data however when u grant it su access.. it can modify anything anywhere.. so assuming that the change causing the bootloop is IN data.. then a factory reset will be fine (if you don't mind losing data).

HOWEVER, if the change it made is in /system.. the factory reset may reset your adb debugging option... which in turn will mean.. you will be stuck in a bootloop without the ability to access adb at all, in which case you are SOL until sbf or a way to run update.zip from recovery.