Dropped my rooted droid into the tub. I have insurance but..

Reaction score
I have insurance but the phone still turns on. The screen just doesn't work. So I'm worried that if i send it in they might discover it was rooted and ya know...

Am I just being paranoid? If not, Any ideas?

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Wow second one to drop in water today....id trn it off and pull the battery and let it dry out for a couple of days. Then try it again

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Wow second one to drop in water today....id trn it off and pull the battery and let it dry out for a couple of days. Then try it again

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nah its definitely dry and the screen is definitely shot. As soon as it happened I pulled the battery and started shaking it get all the water out and I have had it sitting over a heating vent since. This happened last night btw. Didn't try turning it on till tonight and it turns on and seems to run fine other than the screen.

But any ideas about the rooting/insurance thing?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I'd honestly just try to get it replaced, if you're still worried about it maybe finish it off to where it doesn't turn on either.

peterjariel

Reaction score
I dont think being rooted voids ur insurance, it voids ur warranty. My screen on my droid cracked and it was functional but u couldnt see anything, I got a replacement and havent heard annything from them. btw I was rooted.