Screen thinks i'm touching it but i'm not

John18

Reaction score
Why did this just start happening? My screen constantly thinks its being touched and the four buttons at the bottom stopped working.

I dont have insurance and i dont need it. The did this on its own and i know when i bring it back. they are going to ask if i have insurance on it and when i say no, they are just going to turn me away which is not freaken right at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or, you could remember that you have a 1-year manufacturer warranty, which Verizon will honor.

I just replaced my D1 because it was doing the same thing, along with a portion of the screen being totally unresponsive.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did this just start happening? My screen constantly thinks its being touched and the four buttons at the bottom stopped working.

I dont have insurance and i dont need it. The did this on its own and i know when i bring it back. they are going to ask if i have insurance on it and when i say no, they are just going to turn me away which is not freaken right at all.

That's a warranty issue, nothing for you to worry about. Just call Verizon and tell them about it, they will overnight you a replacement.

If you don't like that idea then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings and see if that doesn't fix it.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score
Did you work something out with verizon or did you just go out and get a brand new phone while spending your own money?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It requires calling or going to Verizon. It's not really a big deal.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you work something out with verizon or did you just go out and get a brand new phone while spending your own money?

No. You just tell them what went wrong, they overnight you a phone, you put your old phone in the box and ship it right back to them.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score

No. You just tell them what went wrong, they overnight you a phone, you put your old phone in the box and ship it right back to them.

oh ok. yea this just started happening this morning and i planned on calling them tonight. i came here hoping there was an easy fix for it. thanks for the help guys

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
This exact thing happened to my husbands phone and I took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. It was a refurbished phone but at least it was working and not acting crazy. Just make sure that if you have rooted your phone, you unroot it before taking it back to Verizon.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score
This exact thing happened to my husbands phone and I took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. It was a refurbished phone but at least it was working and not acting crazy. Just make sure that if you have rooted your phone, you unroot it before taking it back to Verizon.

did you have insurance?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

did you have insurance?

Doesnt matter -- you dont need insurance to utilize the manufacturer's warranty.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score

did you have insurance?

Doesnt matter -- you dont need insurance to utilize the manufacturer's warranty.

gotcha, thank god

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah you have a one year manufacturer's warranty. So all you have to do is take it to Verizon or call their customer service and you will be given a refurbished replacement. If you are able to get one on the spot in the Verizon store then you will give them yours. If you go through customer service, once you receive your replacement in the mail you will have to send your phone back in. It is a pretty simple process and they really do not ask too many questions.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One other thing, if you are dealing with customer service remember to pull your sd card out of your droid. They are usually pretty good about that in the stores. They will pull your sd card and put it in the refurbished phone along with your battery.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score
yea i was gonna ask about the sd card and bat. Thats good to hear.

OP
J

John18

Reaction score
Ok so new problem... i went to an official verizon store and told them the problem and they asked me a few questions. I told them that a couple of months ago that i had to send the phone back in for repairs of a cracked screen. They told me since they fixed it, that voided the warranty...

What can i do now since the store didnt give me a phone. I'm going to call and tell them the same problem and hopefully they will send me a phone and i'll just send my broken phone back.