Dropped my razr on a carpeted floor and now screen is black!

W

wijagels

This is plain ridiculous, I get a call and i drop my phone from a 2-3 foot high desk. Now my razr is fully functional except the screen! Is there any way to reset the screen/change brightness via adb? My screen isn't even cracked.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hold down volume down and power.. for about 15 secs... this might bring it back... if not, something may have jarred loose inside..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums... hope that works for you.. :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the droid forums... hope that works for you.. :)

I second this, welcome and sorry it is under poor circumstances.

OP
W

wijagels

Hold down volume down and power.. for about 15 secs... this might bring it back... if not, something may have jarred loose inside..

Tried that about 5 times :(

OP
W

wijagels

I now have access to my phone via a screen viewing application. It is tough to control but i can do basic things

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Look under real bright light... perhaps your screen has micro fractures in it. .

sully0400

Reaction score
Mine ended up being 200 dollars I now have an otter box. It's been dropped bitten rained on since and still going. This thing does so much I can't afford to be without it I haven't touched my laptop in 2 months

.215 radio - SimplexROM 1.2 - Daily Driver - XT912 - Wigdetsoid - Linux Installer - Otter Box

heartoftheocean18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I now have access to my phone via a screen viewing application. It is tough to control but i can do basic things
What is the screen viewing application? I dropped my phone and the sceeen is black and I tried to do the power and volume down button several times and it's not doing anything.