dropped my phone, now bootloop?

customcaddys

Reaction score
i have an un-rooted Bionic with OTA ICS (had it for a few weeks)
i don't have any techie apps installed on the device, nor do i have an SD card.

i was working with both hands, and the phone fell from my shoulder onto concrete (battery and cover popped off)

there's really no significant damage?? but it just sits at the red M screen, then flashes off... then back to the red M... etc

PLEASE help me get my stuff off the phone!!!

i've tried pulling the battery, tried charging it, tried connecting it to PC, tried to access the recovery mode thingy... still just the red M. and i likely have Nothing backed up online. just want my pics!

OP
C

customcaddys

Reaction score
after some searching, i downloaded RSDlite, the motorola driver and "fastboot files 5.9.902"

flash failed.... ideas?

OP
C

customcaddys

Reaction score
it actually went through 21/21 but i'm stuck.

Result: In process...

no response from keys, just sitting at M screen... it's been 30+ minutes, no change.

deduct

Reaction score
Sounds to me like your battery is too low. Can you charge it with a bionic at a Verizon store? Or buy another battery.

-bionic eclipsed-

OP
C

customcaddys

Reaction score
originally i got the low battery error when entering fastboot, so i hacked an old USB cord and hooked it up for a while. when i tried again, it said battery ok..

unless i should leave it charging for longer? idk

deduct

Reaction score
Yeah... Let it charge for a good long while with the hacked cord and try rsd lite 246 again.

-bionic eclipsed-

OP
C

customcaddys

Reaction score
no dice... put it on for a few hours, same thing :(

edit: while plugged in & showing the M, i pulled the battery and went back into the fastboot and RSDlite says PASS..... but the phone is still looping.

deduct

Reaction score
I'm afraid you may be screwed brother. I've consulted with eye dea. He knows his stuff, and he said it sounds like a hardware issue. So, you probably aren't going go get it to boot. Sorry man. You've done all you can. Time to say goodbye.

-bionic eclipsed-