Dropbox now in market!!!!!

bryant_16

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have tried some files already. I can open a .docx file directly from the DropBox application but when I use Astro to nagivate to open the file under the dropbox folder. I'm unable to do so. Anyone tried and it works?

I can read a file from the dropbox folder just fine, just did it on a .doc file and a text file.

Hi there, may I know what application do you use to open the file? The file that I'm trying to open is a .docx file, does it matter?

OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have tried some files already. I can open a .docx file directly from the DropBox application but when I use Astro to nagivate to open the file under the dropbox folder. I'm unable to do so. Anyone tried and it works?

I can read a file from the dropbox folder just fine, just did it on a .doc file and a text file.

Hi there, may I know what application do you use to open the file? The file that I'm trying to open is a .docx file, does it matter?

Looks like the .docx files right now can not be viewed. The .doc work fine.

techdude49

Reaction score

Looks like the .docx files right now can not be viewed. The .doc work fine.

I tried Astro and ES File Explorer...no luck. The message I'm getting is, "Quickoffice: file can not be opened," so my first thought is that Quickoffice does not like the Word 2007 format...Everything sync'd up just fine with Dropbox, so no complaints here :)

bryant_16

Reaction score
But if you are in the dropbox application and open the file, it can be opened.

techdude49

Reaction score
In my case (with the .docx file), if you are in the Dropbox application on the Droid and try to open it, you will receive a "download' prompt and then a pick list of applications to open the file. I noticed that every application that I selected gave the same message that it could not be open.

OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Would definitely like a "delete" option and a direct email option in an upcoming release. Emailing the Dropbox attachment link is a good option, but sometimes people would rather have the attachment solely attached in the email.

I realize you can use Astro or any other file manager to email the attachment directly(after viewing in the dropbox app once), but having it built into the app would be a nice touch.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Came across the option to sync your photos and videos on your android phone within dropbox. I see how you can do one by one or all, but can anyone figure out how to do only select albums?

brochaos

Reaction score
anyway to upload "other" files, besides using OI file explorer? i already have astro and root explorer, but keep getting "no application can perform this action"

OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
anyway to upload "other" files, besides using OI file explorer? i already have astro and root explorer, but keep getting "no application can perform this action"

brochaos I have ran into the same issue. Another option to add to the wishlist

armeddroid

Reaction score
Can you delete files? I cant delete any files via the App. I can upload files but not delete them.
My Android Comic Viewer isnt compatible with it either. Which i am not surprised, cause the IPAD or IPHONE cant as well. lol