Dropbox now in market!!!!!

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Dropbox is now available in the market, works great so far!!!!

Anyone not signed up can use the link below to receive an extra 250 megabytes over the free 2 gigs.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTUwMTg2Mzk5

Also just for today 5/5/2010, Documents to Go is only $5.55 normally $29.99 in the market. That is a steal to be able to edit all your files through the dropbox app. It puts the quickoffice app to shame!

Last edited:
OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
It syncs any and all your files together up to 2gigs free across most devices and platforms. Higher packages are available for a fee.

The uses are limitless with dropbox.

OP
OutGolfn

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Yes sir! Every file I've synced has worked flawlessly

tu3218

Reaction score
Wow that sounds awesome. Can I upload word documents and powerpoints and view them?

Also does it take a big hit on battery life? I know you said it just came out so you may not have had much time to play with it, just wondering.

issues636

Reaction score
so i just set up an account to check it out. i read the readme file in the photos folder. it said "if you open your camera application while in dropbox, it will automatically sync all your photos with your computer". i can't seem to get that to work. any luck with that anyone? am i just doing it wrong? i figured it was easy enough so i deleted the readme before i tried it. so idk if maybe i missed a step.

dennisa31

Reaction score
Its freaking amazing. If you don't already have an account, use this referral code to set one up and you get extra storage (2.25GB vs 2GB).

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY3MzAzNzM5

I used that link, but appears I still only got 2gb.
should work this is what their website says
Screenshot2010-05-04at105213PM.png

dennisa31

Reaction score
Yeah I received the email about it. Maybe it will show up in a little. thanks
no prob i use it for work to sync notes between our store locations. works great even if u delete a file u can retrieve it from the website in case it was accidental

Anj

Reaction score
Last edited:

jimnutt

Reaction score
The app is kind of disappointing actually. All that waiting and it's really not any better than the Droidbox app already in the Market. It doesn't actually do file sync'ing, it's more of a shortcut way to upload/download to your dropbox. I want an app that behaves like the desktop version and keeps the copy on the phone in sync with what's online (and vice versa), perhaps with the ability to choose which folders should be synchronized. As far as I can tell, the only advantage it has over Droidbox is that it tells you how long ago a file was modified.