Dropbox like app

mikehal38

Reaction score
I've been trying to transfer my music from my dx to my pc by usb with no luck. I keep getting errors and it's taking forever. I tried dropbox but you can only transfer one file at a time. My question is, is there am app that allows you to transfer multiple files at a time from your phone to your pc?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What kind of "errors" are you getting?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Basically I keep getting pop up boxes asking me to try again or skip files and I don't want to sit and baby sit my phone while it transfers. If I must them I'll transfer with the usb cable but I'd like to find a wireless way if possible.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are they on your phone or computer? You may be able to create a new folder on your sd card, copy the music files there, zip the folder, then share the zip with dropbox. Then just extract the files on your computer.

DroidForums Junkie!!

MacManChomp

Reaction score
if you want to do it over wifi get SwiFTP off of the android marketplace. Works wonders for me. It even allows access to the phones internal memory. make sure you connect via wifi to your home network and download filezilla if you don't already have an FTP program. If you aren't sure how to use it there's plenty of documentation at Documentation - FileZilla Wiki

~MacManChomp

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They both have good ideas :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

PARick

Reaction score
I've been trying to transfer my music from my dx to my pc by usb with no luck. I keep getting errors and it's taking forever. I tried dropbox but you can only transfer one file at a time. My question is, is there am app that allows you to transfer multiple files at a time from your phone to your pc?

There is something new called Sugar something. I an't recall the name, but I have heard good things about it.

Jordan8

Reaction score
if you want to do it over wifi get SwiFTP off of the android marketplace. Works wonders for me. It even allows access to the phones internal memory. make sure you connect via wifi to your home network and download filezilla if you don't already have an FTP program. If you aren't sure how to use it there's plenty of documentation at Documentation - FileZilla Wiki

~MacManChomp

+1 the app works over 3G too though

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
All great ideas! I fell asleep last night right after I posted this so I'll give these ideas a go today when I get off work. Oh and to the person asking about removing the sd card, my pc only reads up to 4g cards because it's a cheap reader I got off ebay a while back so that won't work.

Jordan8

Reaction score
All great ideas! I fell asleep last night right after I posted this so I'll give these ideas a go today when I get off work. Oh and to the person asking about removing the sd card, my pc only reads up to 4g cards because it's a cheap reader I got off ebay a while back so that won't work.

Not to mention itd be just as easy to plugin via usb, then it would me to take out the sdcard

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
The only plus I could see in removing the sd card would be maybe higher transfer rates. I'm not sure the difference in usb 2.0 and sd card transfer rates though.