DROIDX2 Gingerbread Update Appears to Be Ready, Newest Version of Blur Included

srvctec

Reaction score
Got my GB update this morning after manually checking for it when I got up. Wasn't available before I wwnt to bed last night. Really liking the enhancements so far.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ELH

Reaction score
Upgraded yesterday using the package posted here. Running like a champ, no new issues.

rhwinger

Reaction score
Gingerbread Update

OTA install worked without a hitch.

The camera seems a little snappier, the 3G signal strength indicator is a pleasant blue color. When pressing and holding the power button, a new option showed up called "Sleep Mode" which suspends radios but can be quickly restarted. Interesting.

The real test this afternoon will be Pandora
icon6.gif

ELH

Reaction score
Memory utilization reporting has changed in this version so it's hard to make a comparison. On mine (stock) I have 185MB in use and 165MB free after reboot. No clue where the rest of the 512MB disappears. Free RAM tends to remain above 100MB by days end.

Battery life seems marginally improved. 14 hours typical use would normally drop me to 40% but it's now holding at 50% to 60%. The battery indicator on the notification bar lies though, always looks higher than the status report.

Overall I am very pleased with this update, especially the keyboard improvements.

mike

Reaction score
Got the OTA update today. I must say that this was sort of a make or break moment for me. I've only had my DX2 a couple weeks, and have had it freeze or get very slow several times a day, for unknown reasons. I had it factory reset once, and it was a bit better after that but still inexplicably sluggish occasionally. I've strongly considered returning it.

I've used it all day, and it is just running awesome. It does everything snappier. Just seems to work like it's supposed to work. It seems like a fast, cutting edge dual core phone now.

I'm keeping it.

pendetim

Reaction score
How Long Does Update Take?

I got mine last night and started it about 30 minutes ago. It looked like it unpacked the file and then next I looked it went to the red "M" screen. Still on the red M/ Dual Core screen.

How long goes the upgrade take?

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
I got mine last night and started it about 30 minutes ago. It looked like it unpacked the file and then next I looked it went to the red "M" screen. Still on the red M/ Dual Core screen.

How long goes the upgrade take?

It shouldn't be stuck on that screen. Pull the battery and see if it boots. If not, the installation probably failed and you'll likely need to SBF back to Froyo if possible.

Should patch the system files in 10-15 minutes, then it'll stay on the Droid eye for about another 10-15 minutes (5-10? Took a while for me) after it reboots.

pendetim

Reaction score
Thanks,

A battery pull was all it needed. Now reporting 2.3.3 !

adrock0211

Reaction score
Problems

Ever since I upgraded to Gingerbread (I used the pre-rooted version from P3Droid) my contacts take forever to show up. When I click on contacts I can see all my contacts just fine but when I select someone it goes to a blank screen, freezes for about 10 - 15 seconds and then finally shows the contact data.

I have tried killing all tasks, restarting, etc...and nothing makes it fix itself. I am wondering if I should use the Froyo SBF to flash back and factory reset and then just wait for the Verizon push of the OFFICIAL Gingerbread vs. using the pre-rooted version from P3Droid.

Anybody else having issues similar to this?

krazykid6911

Reaction score
So i just got my x2 a few days ago, Rooted it and put on Wireless Tether.

i want to do the OTA update, but only if it is easilly rootable so i can put back on wireless tether.

Can anyone fill me in?

myriad46

Reaction score

i want to do the OTA update, but only if it is easilly rootable so i can put back on wireless tether.

Can anyone fill me in?

Please read around a little, this forum and several others have been discussing this in excruciating detail for a week now.

krazykid6911

Reaction score

Can anyone fill me in?

Please read around a little, this forum and several others have been discussing this in excruciating detail for a week now.

it appears the only way is to install a pre rooted GB Rom?

Whats the easiest way to get customer recovery on the phone?

Reaction score

Can anyone fill me in?

+1 that. There is ONLY one way to do this and it's been posted ad nasium

Hockey

Reaction score
Got it yesterday around 9pm

Not too bad. Some issues with texting and autocorrect but no big deal