DROIDX2 Gingerbread Update Appears to Be Ready, Newest Version of Blur Included

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I tried to do this part and my phone boots back up on a screen saying...

"Starting RSD protocol support"

and I was holding power and up arrow for a good 10mins. I let go and its still sitting here for about 30mins on that screen.

Any suggestions?

The directions say hold.volume down not up
Omgosh, you are completely right :( Guess I need my coffee...:blush:

Just glad I could help...did u pull the battery too get it off that rsd screen? Only way I think would work. Also I do believe there is more to it then just going to fast boot. I believe u have to actually choose the option to open the zip file from sdroot ext or something to that effect. There are more complete instructions somewhere in this forum.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
The directions are actually in this thread.

It is on page 13... I believe...might be page 12tho...
About halfway down the page there are two different posts explaining in complete detail how to do it

EDIT:::::IT IS PAGE 13 OF THIS THREAD

KillerKitties

Reaction score
The directions say hold.volume down not up

Just glad I could help...did u pull the battery too get it off that rsd screen? Only way I think would work. Also I do believe there is more to it then just going to fast boot. I believe u have to actually choose the option to open the zip file from sdroot ext or something to that effect. There are more complete instructions somewhere in this forum.

Yeah I had to pull the battery, but so far I'm okay, we'll see if I get it to work all the way :D

ashclepdia

Reaction score

Yeah I had to pull the battery, but so far I'm okay, we'll see if I get it to work all the way :D

Im guessing u also found the complete detailed instructions on page 13 also? Good luck..I am gonna keep waiting a little longer for the OTA since the soak test seems to be completed just in case they change somethings about it. Not in that much of the a hurry to get it yet

KillerKitties

Reaction score

Im guessing u also found the complete detailed instructions on page 13 also? Good luck..I am gonna keep waiting a little longer for the OTA since the soak test seems to be completed just in case they change somethings about it. Not in that much of the a hurry to get it yet

If they change something out it, what will happen if I did this update?

and I figured it out so it seems to be running smoothly.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Sorry I know I sound Like I have been doing this but I haven't lol...I learn fast and that is another question I have been wondering my self. But was told that if something changes we would be able to just update again the same way when it is leaked which happens pretty fast usually when something changes

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know where I can get the stock apps back. Antek App manager screwed me when I defrosted my apps they just vanished. I want gingerbread! Please help

Soapster

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know where I can get the stock apps back. Antek App manager screwed me when I defrosted my apps they just vanished. I want gingerbread! Please help

SBF back to stock, wipe all of your cache, and data.

You will be back to stock with all of the stock apps.

wrxman17

Reaction score
I read that some sbfs are only system sbfs... Is this what I want? if not which sbf should I use?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read that some sbfs are only system sbfs... Is this what I want? if not which sbf should I use?

You want to use a full sbf. Not a system only sbf.

CM74DX

Qball32

Reaction score
Ordered my X2 on Thursday. Arrived at my door Monday at 5 pm. Got the Gingerbread OTA 8 hours later!

Think I used up all of my good luck for August.

wrxman17

Reaction score
Thanks. Does anyone know of any good video tutorials on how to sbf? Also I download all of the files straight to my phone not to my computer right?

wrxman17

Reaction score
hi so I checked my system update and it says update 1.3.232 is available... i am.still rooted and like I said before am missing some stock apps after I defrosted them somehow...... Is it safe to downlaod this or can some problems occur if I am rooted and don't have all the stock apps?

Last edited:

rhwinger

Reaction score
Gingerbread

I checked this morning and 1.3.232 was available for downloading, I'm not rooted, so I let it run.

The install is prestently running.

Hoping for the best!