DROIDX2 Gingerbread Update Appears to Be Ready, Newest Version of Blur Included

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score

berfles

Reaction score
On the bottom it says "Free Download". Click that, then it changes to "Download Now". Click that and let it finish.

EDIT: Running through the update now, here's hoping it really is THE update being applied OTA and I don't find out there is some difference.

Last edited:

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
Before I can enter a username, e-mail, or password the page goes down. Maybe it will work later.

Dubie220

Reaction score
I used to download these updates and install them in my droid 1 whenever they came out. Instead of waiting. With no problems
If by some small chance they change something... It will be a different version number or someone else will post a new file. or you will get a OTA
Chances are there will be no new update for many months

Dubie220

Reaction score
should work if you click on the grey box that says free - download
then the box turns green and says download - now ...click it again

berfles

Reaction score
Just got done updating... Aside from slight UI changes I don't notice much yet.

actO9.jpg

kNV36.jpg

Let me know if the images are too big.

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
should work if you click on the grey box that says free - download
then the box turns green and says download - now ...click it again

I've done that and the pop-up says: Download cannot be started. The server returned with error IP address modified. This is usually a temporary problem and can be solved by retrying the same URL at a later time or by becoming a RapidPro customer. Do you want to upgrade to RapidPro?

berfles

Reaction score
The same way I mentioned on the previous page.

I take back what I said about not noticing anything difference, it's definitely snappier and more responsive. I mean not a ton, but it's noticeable. My camera used to take awhile to initialize, now it's a second or two.

srvctec

Reaction score
This might be a ridiculous question, but I installed Juice Defender Plus the second day I had my DX2 and love it for the battery life I get out of my phone. When the screen is off/phone asleep, the data is turned off. I still get phone calls and texts as well as other notifications. Will having Juiced Defender enabled causing the data to be off still allow me to be notified of the OTA GB update?

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey so froze some apps and when I went to defrost an error ocurred and now they don't show up on the frozen list or the normal App list... Should I sbf so I can download the update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

KillerKitties

Reaction score
•Power down
•Power up holding the power button and the down arrow volume button at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.
just wait then for it to update.

I tried to do this part and my phone boots back up on a screen saying...

"Starting RSD protocol support"

and I was holding power and up arrow for a good 10mins. I let go and its still sitting here for about 30mins on that screen.

Any suggestions?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
•Power down
•Power up holding the power button and the down arrow volume button at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.

and I was holding power and up arrow for a good 10mins. I let go and its still sitting here for about 30mins on that screen.

Any suggestions?

The directions say hold.volume down not up

KillerKitties

Reaction score
•Power down

Any suggestions?

The directions say hold.volume down not up
Omgosh, you are completely right :( Guess I need my coffee...:blush: