DroidX Otterbox Commuter - holster options?

somegeek

Reaction score
Subject says it all - curious if there is a holster which will work with the Otterbox Commuter case?

Thanks in advance.

bsc504

Reaction score
Someone posted on this board about a company coming out with a larger case that should fit a DroidX with Commuter shell. I am also looking for a holster for this setup. The case I bought from eBay fits but I need a shoe horn to get it out.

bsc504

Reaction score
Here is a link to the Nite Ize company's website with the Large Size Sideways Holster. It is available 2/1/11 and says it is 5.5" x 3" x 1.7" which should fit this setup with ease.

Clip Case Sideways | Nite Ize

FireDroid

Reaction score
It will fit almost in the Holster case combo, I am going to take a heat gun and try to warm up the sides and bottoms of the holster to fit the commuter.

RWil85

Reaction score
BUMP

Someone has to know of a holster that will fit this phone (with my specs, haha).

I have the DX with ext. battery and a commuter on it..a holster is a must. I'm almost ready to go back to my BB 9650 just for face-in holster.

I would have to think that my setup is a fairly popular one and a holster is an appealing accessory for at least some users..where is it?

PS.
Just to rule out options as we move along: I purchased and tried the holster that comes with Platinum Case for Droid X from Best Buy...and that didn't work with the aforementioned setup..seems like I'm SOL.

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
BUMP

Someone has to know of a holster that will fit this phone (with my specs, haha).

I have the DX with ext. battery and a commuter on it..a holster is a must. I'm almost ready to go back to my BB 9650 just for face-in holster.

I would have to think that my setup is a fairly popular one and a holster is an appealing accessory for at least some users..where is it?

PS.
Just to rule out options as we move along: I purchased and tried the holster that comes with Platinum Case for Droid X from Best Buy...and that didn't work with the aforementioned setup..seems like I'm SOL.

Honestly dude, I think i'd rather change cases or deal with no holster before I went back to a crappy Blackberry....just because it wont hang from your belt :icon_eek:

RWil85

Reaction score
Haha, ok..maybe I was exaggerating :blackdroid:a bit. But, its very obnoxious at times carrying this large phone around with nowhere convenient to put it. Taking it in and out of a bag is annoying and so is having it in your pocket.

I think a holster, especially for a phone such as this, is important. But, hey, this is just my opinion. I thought more would share the same sentiment.

cpjr

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I would like a holster for the commuter as well ;)

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
Get the seidio innocase rugged with holster. The fact that it came with a holster designed to work with case is the main reason I bought it...and I love it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Get the seidio innocase rugged with holster. The fact that it came with a holster designed to work with case is the main reason I bought it...and I love it!

I bought the rugged before the commuter was released, this is personal opinion, but I HATED the rugged.........and I love the commuter. The rugged is WAY bigger.

bsc504

Reaction score
I will buy the nite ize one on the 1st and let you know if it fits.

J

Johnly

Trident Kraken....otter box sucks so bad....
IMG_2482.JPG

DroidXDawg

Reaction score

I bought the rugged before the commuter was released, this is personal opinion, but I HATED the rugged.........and I love the commuter. The rugged is WAY bigger.

I get the whole bulk deal as a con for those who like to carry in their pocket, but that becomes kinda void with holster carry.

cpjr

Reaction score

I get the whole bulk deal as a con for those who like to carry in their pocket, but that becomes kinda void with holster carry.

It's all personal opinion, doesn't become void at all for me, I couldn't even stand to hold the thing, nor did I like the design. But that's me.