Droidwall blocks market application downloads

Hateslinger

Reaction score
FYI. I spent about an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't download anything on my Android. I now know why. I had Droidwall blocking, "10031: Media Storage, DRM Protected Content Storage, Download Manager."

Just thought I would like to help anyone else thinking their ROM is messed up.

OP
Hateslinger

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Where did this start from?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

What forum did I start searching from or what application did I start unblocking from via Droidwall?

Yes, I think. Of all the new terms I've learned "Droidwall" is brand new.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Not sure about "brand new" but the application works flawlessly. I find it working so well that sometimes I'll install a new application and it fails to work because I haven't given it permission to.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What would you need droid wall for? just curious why do you want to block downloads? is this like a password type app where you need to enter a password to download apps so that your kids don't download apps or so that if your phone is stolen or something nothing can be downloaded? if its got no password i don't understand the point

OP
Hateslinger

Hateslinger

Reaction score
What would you need droid wall for? just curious why do you want to block downloads? is this like a password type app where you need to enter a password to download apps so that your kids don't download apps or so that if your phone is stolen or something nothing can be downloaded? if its got no password i don't understand the point

No. Droidwall is a firewall that prevents applications from accessing the internet. It's really nice to have. Most applications will try to send information out or try to connect to get updates. It ends up taking data to do this and also battery life. By using this firewall application you can block or allow only certain applications to connect to the internet.