[ROM] DroidRAZR | ICSLeak - .75-.20x | MIUIv4 - ALPHA

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You must be on the ICS-Leak
.75 .79 .84 .85 or .20x

Safestrap 2.0 is the is the only supported install method at this time.

INTRO:
Ok folks. I've started this project for one reason and one reason only... Well I've never done a port of MIUI before! lol. This is still a very early build. There will most likely be issues found that I haven't found. With that said I decided to make it available should anyone else want to play around with it. Keep in mind that this ROM is based off of Dhacker's AOSP for the Droid Razr so all issues with that build will be found here as well.

DISCLAIMER:
DroidForums, myself, or any other party CANNOT be held responsible for what you decide to do. Modifying system files can lead to a damaged or comletely bricked device!!! Your phone! Your choice! Your responsibility!!!!

Credits:
Google - For the Android we play with.
Motorola - For fantastic hardware!
Dhacker29 - Big thanks for not only the AOSP Base - But always listening to my bickering on Gtalk!!! lol
GunnerMike53 - For my server space!

Known Issues-
Where do I start! This is Alpha... there are issues!. Mobile Data just as with the AOSP base - you will need to toggle to GSM only then to CDMA only in order to get mobile data. As of right now I haven't been able to get LTE. Root permissions are not working properly as of right now. That will be my first priority! I will add further issues as the become appearent.

Note: A quick fix for Root is to install SuperUser from the play store until I figure out the issue with MIUI's built in SU manager.

Screen Shots:
Screenshot_2012-06-02-10-40-42.png
Screenshot_2012-06-02-10-41-07.png
Screenshot_2012-06-02-10-42-55.png

Installation:
To install this ROM you must be on one of the ICS leaks with Safestrap installed! Safestrap is the only tested method to install Dhacker's AOSP base therefore the same applies here. This build will also require a full data wipe! If you don't wipe you will have issues.

->Download and place on SDCard. Reboot to recovery. Wipe data/cache. Install from SDCard. Reboot! Allow time for the ROM to boot completely then let it sit for a little while.

Downloads:
RAZR-ICS-LEAK-AOSP-OMAPZOOM-MiUi-Alpha - Download Now! - 6/2/2012

Support:
Though I don't require it by any means... its always nice! So if you'd like buy me a beer! ---> DoNaTe!

XCellFoneSalesRep

Reaction score
WoW! Great to see yet another MIUI developer, not just for the RAZR, but for the RAZR ICS Leaks!

(3) Quick questions :

1. What is the difference between this MIUI build and skiwong's newest build for ICS Leak?
  2. You stated above that it is "based off of Dhacker's AOSP for the Droid Razr". What MIUI device build are you actually porting over to the RAZR?
  3. Will you be providing a proper fix for the dual signals in the status bar? There are some devs that provide a fix for the corrected single signal BUT when a theme is used, the status bar will either not fully theme, or not theme at all and revert back to the dual signals.
Thanks again for providing this MIUI build!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as what the difference is I'm not 100% sure atm... he and I have actually been talking about possibly just working together on one solid build.

This is based off of the 2init AOSP that Dhacker29 made available. I got it after twisting his arm a little bit! ;-) lol... any time Theme chooser is introduced such as in the AOKP and CM9 builds it reeks havoc when MIUI framework is introduced. Therefore I started with AOSP to make it a smoother transition.

As far as the signal icons they're kinda last on my priority list right now. I'm currently looking for a fix for the lack of LTE! That's pretty much my priority. I have however gotten the themes and miui built in su manager squared away. So expect them fixed on the next release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RidgeRichard

Reaction score
Can you give instructions to download because i dont think im doing this right....

joshuaericjones

Reaction score
Awesome! Not bad for an alpha; it's really rather smooth. Jinshan security fc's when I install anything, but I disabled it and have had no problems. Once LTE works, I may make this my daily driver.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How stable is the 3G data? I've been on the leak since the KOA roms have been giving me data issues...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joshuaericjones

Reaction score
Data has been really stable for me, but I've used wifi most of the day. (Which has also been stable)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

joshuaericjones

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the led while charging? It's orange/green and kinda annoying.. I tried overriding with lite flow but it didn't work

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As of right now I'm not 100% sure. I'm concentrating more on getting everything fully functional first. I'm working with DHacker to hopefully sort out the data issues with the base which is inherently causing the data issues with the port.

XCellFoneSalesRep

Reaction score
As far as what the difference is I'm not 100% sure atm... he and I have actually been talking about possibly just working together on one solid build.

This is based off of the 2init AOSP that Dhacker29 made available. I got it after twisting his arm a little bit! ;-) lol... any time Theme chooser is introduced such as in the AOKP and CM9 builds it reeks havoc when MIUI framework is introduced. Therefore I started with AOSP to make it a smoother transition.

As far as the signal icons they're kinda last on my priority list right now. I'm currently looking for a fix for the lack of LTE! That's pretty much my priority. I have however gotten the themes and miui built in su manager squared away. So expect them fixed on the next release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Working as a team would definitely benefit the project in so many ways!

I see what you are using as your base on the RAZR side, but what are you using for a MIUI ROM? For example, are you using a MIUIAndroid v4 Galaxy Nexus build, v4 Nexus S build, or a v4 SGS II build. Sorry i didnt word that better. I seen you had included you Razr base in the description already.

I understand that you have other priorities for this project. I just wanted to make sure i didnt have to go through hoops (again) to prove to another MIUI dev and a whole MIUI device community that it isnt supposed to have (2) sets of signals, no MIUI did not plan on it. This took weeks to persuade and prove, so if i had to do it again, i'd like to get a head start.

Keep up the great work with this project and if i can help or be a guinea pig, please let me know. I have only seen 2 problems so far which i am not sure if its me, my device, or your MIUI build :

1. When applying a theme, nothing themes
  2. When trying to use a Root Explorer, it cant find root.
You did state above that "I have however gotten the themes and miui built in su manager squared away. So expect them fixed on the next release." So i am guessing these fixes would resolve my 2 issues...

Thanks Again!!!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I have those issues straightened out. As far as the miui base.... honestly I don't remember which one I finally went with. I placed it in my working folder and renamed it to just miui to work out of.. just for giggles I did port VisciousMIUI! Lol... booted just fine with soft keys! Lol... as far as the data signal goes I'm aware of what you are referring to. A lot of 3g only phones display the signal exactly the same way so I'm pretty sure MIUI dev's probably did set it up that way on purpose.... that doesn't mean I'm going to keep it like that though! I've been pretty swamped this week so truthfully haven't made much progress, but its definitely still a project. Truthfully I've never used miui very much... but now that I've been running it pretty consistently I've become just a tad attached.. lol

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

XCellFoneSalesRep

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if you were skippin this week or you were planning to release 2.6.8? I tend to do stuff and then when i'm finished, wish i had waited cause something new just dropped...

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Truthfully I haven't had a whole lot of free time this week.. so I wouldn't expect an update