DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame... here we are... a bunch of hackers... the guys who dare to be different and don't just accept what has been released by the manufacturer... we're probly all a little "different" in our own way... not scared to go outside the box.

Then we come to a forum and allow the moderators to force us to stay inside this box they have created...

I used to be a dj... I've seen a bunch of clubs close down and lose money because they have a zero tolerance policy on fighting... I never understood that... if you're gonna put that many people in the same room for that long and let-em drink... you're gonna have some beefs... mediate it a little... get over it... move on... like hockey, hand out a 2 minute penalty and keep playin the game...

This ain't church... it's a forum

You gonna put all these strong minds in the same place and let them voice their opinions... there's gonna be some beefs... so what??... the profanity is already auto edited and the rest is just funny to watch and easy for the moderators to delete...

If you want to solve this problem... stop humans from being human... stop men from talking like men..... then you should stop allowing posts on this forum...

Now everybody go back to your seats.. no running... no copying anyone elses ripped off hacks... no gum chewing... and there will be a dress code starting next week....

What a shame... here we are... a bunch of hackers... the guys who dare to be different and don't just accept what has been released by the manufacturer... we're probly all a little "different" in our own way... not scared to go outside the box.

Then we come to a forum and allow the moderators to force us to stay inside this box they have created...

I used to be a dj... I've seen a bunch of clubs close down and lose money because they have a zero tolerance policy on fighting... I never understood that... if you're gonna put that many people in the same room for that long and let-em drink... you're gonna have some beefs... mediate it a little... get over it... move on... like hockey, hand out a 2 minute penalty and keep playin the game...

This ain't church... it's a forum

You gonna put all these strong minds in the same place and let them voice their opinions... there's gonna be some beefs... so what??... the profanity is already auto edited and the rest is just funny to watch and easy for the moderators to delete...

If you want to solve this problem... stop humans from being human... stop men from talking like men..... then you should stop allowing posts on this forum...

Now everybody go back to your seats.. no running... no copying anyone elses ripped off hacks... no gum chewing... and there will be a dress code starting next week....

This forum isnt just for hackers. Just because you like to think outside the box doesnt mean you shouldn't follow the rules. If so many others hadn't acted so childish none of this would have happened anyways. Thats the real sad part of this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ive only been around for a month so Im not as into all this as the older members but I have read through the threads and dont really have an opinion as to what happened.

All I have to say is that I was disappointed when I downloaded BD10 only to find out its just another themed CyanogenMod rom, I do like CM but used to use BD because it was something completely different.

my observation

whew! last day & a half reading from p.1 !!skipped few posts, but mostly read got the gists of everyone emotions (positives/negatives).

have to give kudos to the mods as they have kept cool and stayed away from joining the chaotic flaming. Last several pages i sensed that some who had been hot earlier are a little level headed. I'm running stock 2.1 but read a lot of threads, mostly to gain more knowledge. Someday i will be ready to take the plunge...

now gotta get my beauty sleep...

Yeah your right it's minor. If I ever decided to compile and release a rom I'm okay with somebody taking, claiming it, and asking for donations for all "their" hard work and time. I'll continue to update it in the hopes they will steal those as well and release it as their "updates" :icon_eek:.

Except NONE of this code belongs to them. 90%+ of it was a gift from Google.

You think Cyanogen is actually developing any significant amount of code when compared to the entire android code base.... Not even close. Drop in the bucket.

If you removed all the Google copy-righten code, what you'd be left with are a bunch of little scraps that would be utterly worthless.

If that's the case why would black droid want to steal "a bunch of little scraps that would be utterly worthless". He got tired of copying bugless beasts cookie cutter sholes/motorola stock google compiles and wanted to move onto something new with extra true features that people want, hence cyanogen. He could be a great themer if anything, though i really don't know how much of his theme is his work and not anothers?

What people don't realize this isn't the first time Blackdroid got kicked out of a forum. Don't forget people he did the same exact thing with Bugless Beast and alldroid.org kicked him out from there. When you got kicked out by two Android Forum, something is wrong.

And people saying Cyanogen and Koush don't reply back....well they actually got their own forum. Blackdroid already has negative rep from his beef with pete.

Will everyone threatening to leave DF please exit now? thanks. 60k strong all seeking information cant be wrong, oh scratch that 50.9k

we're leaving thatll show you!

in the words of proffesor farnesworth

"we wont know that until your gone"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You can think of it as an exaggeration if you like...

Fanboy=0.0

Thats resolution, you might want adjust to real world. Hire someone.

He's an obnoxious troll, just ignore him. He constantly acts like he doesn't know what people are talking about instead of acknowledging their points and then explaining his own argument. He lacks the articulation to properly convey his thoughts and the majority of the time he's just spewing fan-boy rheumatic.

Wasn't there something like 50k forum members here BEFORE BlackDroid got his ROM supported here? For everyone saying that the majority of the people here are here because of BlackDroid, you are making false claims.

SkullOne had a great thread about over clocking in there. I hope at least some sections, if not all sections in there will get opened up again.

Wasn't there something like 50k forum members here BEFORE BlackDroid got his ROM supported here? For everyone saying that the majority of the people here are here because of BlackDroid, you are making false claims.

Yep! Hmm, I just checked and it seems there are 178 total members on BD's new forums. Not sure the math supports the statements that the "majority" are here for BD. I would even venture a guess that out of those 178, a good amount still visit here too. I've seen lots of posts like "I'm leaving.......but I'll still visit".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you' re threatening to leave DF just do it! Quit being a coward and do it. If you want to join BD's forums as another set you read, then cool! Do that but take the empty threats elsewhere, literally.

Will everyone threatening to leave DF please exit now? thanks. 60k strong all seeking information cant be wrong, oh scratch that 50.9k

This is what happens when rampant fanboyism is allowed to run amuck. A large amount of people likely will leave. Blackdroid released what basically amounted to a themed Cyanogen and they loved it despite the fact that if they wanted Cyanogen they could have downloaded it weeks ago from the man himself. A lot of those users will leave because they're huge fans of Blackdroid regardless of what he does.

Blackdroid seemed like a nice guy but he made some stupid mistakes, the first and biggest mistake was putting his rom on rom manager (WTF is wrong with you people?), and the second mistake was using Cyanogens source when he already had a huge fanbase that loved what he was currently doing.

I sympathize with the staff here. I own a large website/forum myself that has over 2 million posts and I've been in similar situations over the years. Droidforums would have taken intense criticism regardless of what they did. Even if you don't agree with what they did you should still acknowledge they it must have been a hard decision for them to make. They basically had the Cyanogen fanboys and the Blackdroid fanboys in a war against each other, with everyone else caught in the middle. Blackdroid and his fans were FAR more important to this forum than the opposite team but Cyanogens side were the one's who were in the right. So do you sacrifice your sites credibility and potentially damage its future for the short-term benefits of keeping Blackdroid around?

We're very close to 60,000 members now. My own personal belief is that many of BD followers are probably very disappointed.

To give you all a look at some stats. BlackDroid's section accounted for less than 1% of the total posts here..... a dispointment for sure,but no the end of the world. We will welcome everyone here but the rules apply. Flaming and non family friendly posts will be deleted.

What this means is come and visit, or come and post, or make your home DF or wherever. We want you here. Please do it with the standard we set at the beginning as Df is returning to normal.

Also there is a pending apology from BD himself maybe as soon as today. This will be a very honest apology and is also the right thing to do. He will post it in this thread*****

Edit: now I am not so sure one will come. Sorry but it's what it is.......

Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back